"Am I being paid fairly?" It's a question we've heard millions of our users ask, and to be honest, many of us have asked the question throughout our careers as well. In the past, it has been hard to know if you were being paid fairly or on par with industry norms. That is until Know Your Worth by Glassdoor came along. Launched in October 2016, Know Your Worth has revolutionized salary transparency and given nearly a million users personalized, custom salary estimates based on an individual's title, company, location, and experience.
But it doesn't stop there. The tool is designed to not only help you determine if you are being paid fairly but also whether you should attempt to negotiate your current salary and/or explore better-paying jobs. Job seekers and employees have done just that and the results have been tremendous.
In honor of Equal Pay Day, we thought it would be fun to highlight the success stories and testimonials of a few folks across the country who have used Know Your Worth to arm themselves with information and earning power. Here's what they had to say:
- "I'm shocked and validated all at the same time. Thank you for the information. I have already emailed this to all of my friends and family to ensure that they are all being paid their worth. Thank you so much!"
- "Amazing, thank you so much for offering this service."
- "Very informative and motivating - Been looking for better work anyway but knowing that what I do now is worth more than I'm being given is a kick in the pants (per se) to get "my Money's worth" for the skills and expertise I deliver."
- "It's fun to know I can get this information at my fingertips. Helpful resource to use in my negotiating my salary and basically know my boundaries / limits."
- "I wish my company cared enough to pay us what we are worth"
- "Everything is working just great, thank you. Thank you so much."
- "Wow, you've made be feel like I should have moved on a while ago! That's sad for me, but I think more people should check this feature out! Thank you so much, Aloha!"
- "Thanks so much for this. I love my job but know I am very, very underpaid based on salary.com's info. You have my worth as even higher. This definitely strengthens my resolve to speak up in my job review next week. Thanks for the ease and speed in using this tool. I really appreciate it and everything about your site!!!"
- "I'm currently being grossly underpaid. It's time to look for a higher salaried job because I have a Master's degree too."
- "This was very helpful. This will help me to negotiate my salary and truly look for jobs that pay what I'm worth."
- "It is so sad to love your job & work for a company for a long time only to find out they are under paying you greatly!! That just breaks my heart! Time to find another job "
- "Very surprised at the results. Now I have a better idea of what I should be getting paid. Good job Glassdoor."
- "Wow! Eye-opening... definitely looking for more options in my area."
- "This is a very cool tool that feels more realistic than the other salary estimators out there. Great job!"