Let’s be honest — as rewarding as the end result is, looking for a new job can be exhausting. Between looking for the right opportunities, creating customized resumes and going on interviews, you put a lot of time, energy and emotion into the process. But even if you’re feeling frustrated, it’s important to know that you’re not in it alone — below are seven moments that nearly all job seekers can relate to.
(Pro tip: want to fast forward to happily ever after? Consider working with a staffing services firm like Kforce, who will proactively find the perfect match for you!)
1. You spend all day at work…
…only to come back and spend hours looking for the right job when you get back.
2. You think you found a job that would be perfect for you…
…until you see they want you to have an MBA, JD and PhD.
3. Finally, you come across a few good options. So you start working on your resume — and after a few days, it’s perfect.
But then, you realize you still have to customize it for every job you apply to… and also write cover letters.
4. Once all of your materials have been ~perfected~, you start filling out the application — you’re feeling good!
Even when you have to enter all the same information you have on your resume.
5. You finish sending out applications — now, it’s time to wait.
6. Finally, you get the call you’ve been waiting for — they want you to come in for an interview!
You prepare all week, and you’re starting to feel unstoppable.
But in the end, they choose to go with someone who is “a better fit.”
7. So you go through it all over again.
But you don’t give up, even when you get discouraged.
And in the end, you find a great new job — which makes it all worth it.
It’s easy to get discouraged during a long, difficult job search, but remember: No matter how frustrating it gets, the right job is out there for you!