Unemployed and looking for work? You’re not alone. Chances are you’ve had your share of interviews recently and are getting used to the endless questions – some challenging and some, well, boring, We see it too in the Glassdoor Interview Questions & Reviews, where we now have more than 10,000 interview reviews and 14,000 interview questions. We’ve assembled the ten most common interview questions that should never trip you up. In the past, you may have answered these swiftly, but you now have a chance to answer these commonly occurring interview questions with answers that are uniquely you.
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
- What is your dream job?
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation.
- Why should we hire you?
- Why are you looking for a job?
- Why are you interested in working for [insert company name here]?
- How would you deal with an angry or irate customer?
- Describe yourself.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
While there are many like these that can be predictable, remember that a software engineer at Google or an analyst at Accenture are likely to be asked some very different questions to assess whether the job candidate has the best experience, motivation for the job, and is a good culture fit. Before you walk through the doors of a potential employer, turn to Glassdoor Interview Questions and Reviews to create a custom study guide that helps you prepare ahead of time for the regular repeat questions or the off-the-cuff inquiry.