They asked you what during the interview?!?
All of us have gone through a number of interviews in our time, and most have stories about an oddball question or two that stumped us along the way. But our guess is most haven’t heard some of the crazy interview questions we’ve seen in our new Interview Reviews and Questions section we launched Monday night.
We’ve scoured the Interview Questions that have posted thus far, and pulled out some interesting and unexpected questions that we thing could stump even the best job candidate.
How would you answer these?
- You’re on a farm, and you’re in a field with horses and you have a fence that you have to repair. But you left your hammer back at the house, what do you do? Remember the fence is broken and you cannot leave it alone otherwise the horses will escape –Intermediate Software Developer, The PEER Group
- You are in a room with 3 switches which correspond to 3 bulbs in another room and you don’t know which switch corresponds to which bulb. You can only enter the room with the bulbs once. You can NOT use any external equipment (power supplies, resistors, etc.). How do you find out which bulb corresponds to which switch?- Interview for multiple areas (X-Div/Back Office) at Goldman Sachs
- You have 1 seat left on a flight, and you have 5 passengers waiting on standby, a military man in uniform, a pregnant woman, a woman and her infant child, an elite customer (one who is a frequent flyer of NWA), and a gentleman trying to go and see his ill sister. Who will be the one to get the empty seat on the flight, and why?- Flight Attendant, Northwest Airlines
- Why are manhole covers round? – HR Manager, Microsoft
- How would you determine how many ping pong balls could fit inside an airplane?- Systems Engineer, BAE Systems Electronics & Integrated Solutions
Think you have had worse – prove it. Also if you do have a good answer to these questions, anyone has the opportunity to comment and provide an answer. Check out some that have already posted to the questions above.