In order to be considered for any Glassdoor award, companies must meet the minimum number of reviews posted on Glassdoor during the period of eligibility. Unlike other workplace awards, our list is entirely based on employee feedback.
Period of Eligibility
This award takes both qualitative and quantitative data into account. We assess approval ratings, number of ratings, and the quality of the reviews to identify CEOs that outshine the rest in the eyes of their employees. Learn what factors predict a high CEO rating in research by Glassdoor’s Chief Economist.
Part of our proprietary algorithm assesses the consistency of the qualitative and quantitative data shared on Glassdoor by employees. Inconsistent data can, in some cases, impact a CEO’s rating for awards purposes.
Commitment to Integrity for all Employers
Download the complete methodology for Top CEOs. Each year, Glassdoor reserves the right to improve methodology to prevent abuse and ensure the highest level of quality reviews and data integrity.
Emphasize Company Mission
- Continuously promote their company mission to attract people who can get behind it
- Ensure that a sense of purpose is woven into job descriptions to attract right-fit talent
- Actively monitor approval ratings on Glassdoor and respond openly to reviews
- Keep lines of communication open so teams stay aligned on recruiting strategies
Exemplify Positive Culture
- Establish a shared set of values that fosters community and inspires referrals
- View positive culture as a good business strategy and survey employee sentiment accordingly
Nurture Great Leaders
- Promote employees who show great motivation and potential to take your teams to the next level
- Bring on new executives who align with the company mission and are motivated to grow and empower their teams