Marketing Manager is one of the most clicked on marketing job titles on Glassdoor (Glassdoor Site Data, August 2016). Writing any job description can be difficult, especially if you’re recruiting for an extremely popular position.
To stand out from the 174,847 Marketing Manager positions open on Glassdoor, it is critical your job description conveys the unique aspects of this position at your company and what candidates can expect to gain from working for your company.
Here at Glassdoor, we spend a lot of time analyzing what constitutes a great job description – and we have the full complement of best practices to show for it.
Here’s an example of a Marketing Manager Job Description Template:
Marketing Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to develop and manage marketing programs in specific channels, support business objectives, lead acquisition, foster customer retention, execute business development, provide sales support, and advance brand building.
Sample Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Build marketing programs to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments in support of our overall strategic marketing plan
- Market through various channels and segment databases working with large data sets
- Develop business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics
- Evaluate the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives, including impact on lead flow, LTV and retention
- Propose and manage marketing research projects to generate consumer insights in support of improved marketing strategy and communications
- Partner with creative teams, other internal stakeholders, and external agencies and vendors
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders and leveraging the right internal processes
- Work with the other marketing teams, other internal stakeholders, and external agencies and vendors
Examples of Marketing Manager Qualifications:
- Experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results
- Exposure to digital and direct response marketing
- Competence as a creative writer with an eye for great emails and landing pages
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
- Ability to travel as necessary
We’re looking for someone with 4+ years of experience in marketing, has a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or similar, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
With all the time you save writing job descriptions, you can move on to the next key piece: honing your interview process with resources from Glassdoor – from How to Conduct a Behavioral Interview, The 5 Things Successful Companies Do in Interviews and how to conduct better interviews with checklists and interview templates. You can also take some time to leverage feedback from Interview Ratings on your Glassdoor profile to improve candidate experience every step of the way.