Table of Contents
- The Business Opportunity for Diversity and Inclusion
- Types of Diversity
- Inclusion Supports Diversity
- Requirements for a Successful Diversity Program
- Creating an Inclusive Culture
- Recruiting for Diversity
- Branding for Diversity
65 HR and Recruiting Stats for 2018 >
Our annual review of top HR and recruiting statistics includes survey data from employers and job seekers.
The Ultimate Screening Checklist >
Informed candidates do their homework before applying and have the right expectations - that's why they are two times more likely to be hired.
Recruiting Glossary: Terms Recruiters Need to Know >
Are you and your recruiting partners speaking the same language? Stay on top of new terms with our glossary.
Behavioral Interviewing Questions and Templates >
Good hiring practices like behavioral interviewing are essential to keeping recruiting costs low.
1. Glassdoor site survey, June 2014; 2 Deloitte, Global Human Capital Trends 2017, 2017; 2. Bersin by Deloitte, Predictions for 2017, December 2016; 3. Bersin by Deloitte, Diversity and Inclusion Top the List of Talent Practices Linked to Stronger Financial Outcomes, November 2015; 4. Josh Bersin, Why Diversity and Inclusion Has Become a Business Priority, December 2015; 5. McKinsey, Why Diversity Matters, January 2015; 6. Pew Research Center, It’s official: Minority babies are the majority among the nation’s infants, but only just, June 2016; 7. U.S. Census Bureau, Projections of the Size and Composition of the U.S. Population: 2014 to 2060, March 2015; 8. U.S. Census Bureau, Quick Facts, 2015; 9. National Center for Education Statistics, Digest for Education Statistics; 10. Grant Thornton, Women in Business: Turning Promise Into Practice, March 2016; 11. Harvard Business Review, Diverse Teams Feel Less Comfortable - That’s Why they Perform Better, September 2016; 12. McKinsey, Why Diversity Matters, January 2015; 13. Center for Retirement Research at Boston College, Trends in Social Security Claiming, May 2015; 14. Gallup, Most U.S. Employed Adults Plan to Work Past Retirement Age, April 2017; 15. U.S. Census Bureau, The Changing Economics and Demographics of Young Adulthood: 1975–2016, April 2017; 16. Forbes, Why You’re Having A Hard Time With Your Millennial Employees —And What To Do About It, May 2016; 18. U.S. Census Bureau, Millennials Outnumber Baby Boomers and Are Far More Diverse, June 2015; 19. PBS.org, LGBT in America: By the Numbers, June 2016; 2 Pew Research Center, Religion in America Study; 20. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Profile of Veterans: 2015, March 2017; 21. American Community Survey, Disability Statistics, 2015; 22. Harvard Business Review, Neurodiversity as a Competitive Advantage, May 2017; 23. New York Magazine, High-Class Hobbies Will Help You Land a Top Job, Unless You’re a Woman, December 2016; 24. Deloitte, Diversity’s New Frontier, July 2013; 25. Deloitte University, Uncovering Talent: A New Model for Inclusion, December 2013; 26. The Journal of Educational Psychology, “Two Brief Interventions to Mitigate a “Chilly Climate” Transform Women’s Experience, Relationships, and Achievement in Engineering” 2015; 27. Dictionary.com; 28. Wilson, T. D. Strangers to Ourselves: Discovering the Adaptive Unconscious, Harvard University Press; 29. Fortune, The abrasiveness trap: High-achieving men and women are described differently in reviews, August 2014; 30. Montana State University, Bragging rights: MSU study shows that interventions help women’s reluctance to discuss accomplishments, January 2014; 31. Organization Science, Accounting for the Gap: A Firm Study Manipulating Organizational Accountability and Transparency in Pay Decisions, April 2015; 32. Glassdoor, Salary Negotiation Insights Survey, May 2016; 33. Facebook Leaning and Development, Managing Bias Training; 34. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Members of high-status groups are threatened by pro-diversity organizational messages, January 2016