This position is responsible for providing accounting and clerical support to the Accounting Department personnel. Primary responsibilities include handling accounts payable, assisting in the month end close process, maintaining records, collections and assisting in day-to-day accounting operations.
- Assist in the month end closing process including journal entry preparation, account analysis and reconciliations
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and financial system
- Prepare reconciliation report of balance sheet accounts
- Handle accounts payable reviewing invoices for appropriate documentation and approval, coding, entering invoices into system, processing checks, maintaining positive pay, obtaining signatures, distributing checks, filing records, and answering vendor inquiries
- 1099 and Use tax filings preparation and reporting
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of time and billing system to assist in collections, AR inquiries, and running reports
- Monitoring bank accounts for electronic transactions and adequate balances to meet cash requirements and post bank transaction in GL system
- Prepare intercompany transactions and reconcile accounts
included but not limited to:
education AND EXPERIENCE:
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
- Associates Degree in Accounting or higher preferred
- 3-5 Years working in accounting and AP
- Strong computer skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, and experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger software packages.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, and spelling and proof reading skills
- Ability to follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/vendors/customers
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently while working independently
- Must demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.