Provides educational leadership, ensures a quality learning environment for all students, and plans, organizes, implements, and assesses didactic, laboratory, and clinical experiences as assigned within the vision, mission, values, and learning domains of the College. In alignment with the College mission, faculty incorporate innovative teaching and learning strategies to develop health care professionals who promote the health of individuals, families, and communities
Excellence in Education
- Organize and deliver didactic and/or clinical experiences for students that assist students in meeting course goals.
- Represents Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences in the most positive manner while interacting effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services.
- Enhances personal and professional development through continuing education; exercises personal competency in educational policies, technical areas of expertise, and clinical policy.
- Responds to student requests and emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Instructs and evaluates students in classroom and clinical settings utilizing effective educational methodologies and technologies.
- Coordinates/delivers student didactic and/or clinical instruction while maintaining technical expertise in clinical areas of instruction.
Basic Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences - UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA, FERPA, TITLE IX, and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding higher education and healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of College, hospital, and department compliance requirements commensurate with position (Title IV, Title IX, Campus Violence). Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of supervisor. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- Supports vision, mission, and values of Trinity College.
Education: Health Science programs require a minimum educational preparation comparable to the program terminal award. Undergraduate nursing programs require a Master of Science in Nursing. Health Science prefer at least a baccalaureate degree.
Experience: 2 years clinical practice. Previous teaching experience preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Registered Nurse license in both Iowa and Illinois or be eligible to do so.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent communication skills required