Altiris AdministratorSpartan Resources – Atlanta, GA
Permanent Direct Hire
Location: Windy Hill / Smyrna
Administer and support enterprise Altiris environment including installations, configurations, and customizations and reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment
- Desktop content management
- Server content management
- Microsoft Office Tools (MS-Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Remote Desktop Management
- Windows Operating Systems
- Altiris Systems Management Suite
- Security Protection Systems (Symantec)
- Email / Mobile Systems (Exchange/Outlook/Blackberry/Smart Phones)
- Advanced Operating Systems Management (Windows / Unix)
- Plans, installs, integrates, tests, documents and maintains system level computer hardware and software technologies, with focus on operating systems and integration with applications, databases, equipment and communications network.
- Ensures that system backups for information systems are completed and verified. Monitors, upgrades and troubleshoots the production and test systems environments.
- Implements security procedures and processes to ensure data protection and compliance to any required regulations.
- Provide support and administration for Altiris 7.x.
- Manage service requests and customer expectations in alignment with defined service and operational level agreements.
- Proactively troubleshoot and determine the best configuration to optimize application configuration to ensure performance and reliability.
- Document and communicate procedures, configurations, standards, etc.
- Works in collaboration with the Network Operations, Systems and Storage, Database teams to ensure service availability and prompt issue resolution.
- On call as needed (24/7/365)