Our client, a leading 450 bed acute care hospital located in Silver Spring, MD is seeking an experienced Associate Director of Pharmacy who will provide leadership and operational support to a high performing team of pharmacy professionals. Operational expertise will be challenged in this role! As the Associate Director of Pharmacy you will maximize efficiency by organizing and directing the hospital’s comprehensive pharmacy program and managing Pharmacy Department personnel. You will work closely with the Administrative Director of Pharmacy and Operations Manager to align departmental goals and develop strategic plans that will improve overall performance. You will recommend innovations in the practice and function of the pharmacy to the Director and carry out mutually agreed upon programs that will build cross functional relationships with other departments throughout the hospital. The Associate Director of pharmacy isalso responsible for establishing policies and procedures, maintaining budget-to actual financial performance, and effectively managing staff and material resources.
Experience building effective cross-departmental cooperation and the ability to work with peers and senior management are essential for the Associate Pharmacy Director to obtain the necessary agreements and resources needed to meet both area specific and organizational objectives. As a member of this pharmacy leadership team, you will demonstrate ethical behavior and support the mission of the hospital, which has earned a longstanding reputation of the most trusted provider of health services within the Silver Spring community.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Current licensure from the Maryland State Board of Pharmacy. (If out of state, eligible for licensure in Maryland; licensure requirements completely satisfied within three (3) months after employment).
- Shall have a minimum of five (5) years in hospital pharmacy practice, including at least three (3) years in a manager or supervisor position.
- Shall be familiar with all phases of hospital pharmacy.
- A current member of The American Society of Health Care Pharmacists.
- Demonstrate capability in establishing and maintaining effective, cooperative working relationships with Medical, Nursing and Professional staff.
- Demonstrate capability in efficiently and effectively managing human, material, capital and financial resources.