Here at EMS, we are one of the leading firms in our industry in the area. We are hiring an experienced AV Control System Programmer/AV Designer to join our growing team. If you're eager for your next challenge, EMS is an excellent place to get ahead. Apply today!
The Control System Programmer/AV Designer is responsible for planning, developing, testing and implementing control system code, audio files, and other equipment-related configurations. This individual would also perform in-house testing and on-site commissioning at client locations locally and nationally.
- Develop systems integration programs for Crestron, and DSP systems such as Biamp. Knowledge of QSC a plus.
- Design and develop custom graphical user interface (GUI) on control system touch panels.
- Coordinate the creation and integration of AV control system programs.
- Maintain software project documentation in company database.
- Verify proposals against available technology.
- Maintain the central database block library.
- Collaborate alongside the Project Operations Manager and Sr. AV Designer to understand the system design intent.
- Create project designs, including work product such as material lists, rack elevations, cabling requirement lists, rack diagrams, client wiring diagrams, and software configurations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with GUI design and graphics applications.
- Experience with control systems, video-conferencing, switching hardware, audio DSP setup and calibration.
- SIMPL programming proficiency.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, addressing, firewalls, routers and VPN.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and system design drawings.
- Strong interest in audio and video technologies, equipment, and signal flow.
- Ability and flexibility to travel as required; Travel Requirement < 10%.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years of Crestron control system programming experience, with certification required.
- Minimum of three years of experience required in Audio-Visual systems design with commercial A/V components.
- AVIXA CTS or CTS-D certification is preferred.
- Experience creating wiring diagrams and system design drawings.
- One to three years experience in the use of computer aided design tools such as AutoCAD and VidCAD
- Minimum of three years of on-site commissioning experience.
- BSEE or relevant degree preferred