BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI) SENIOR DEVELOPER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the development activities of various BI initiatives, which include ETL, ELT, PL/SQL, Python, and APIs, scripts, reports and dashboards. The Senior BI Developer will support project initiatives within the Operational Data Store (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), various Data Marts, Master Data Management and BI Reporting. The position will perform in-depth development, data analysis, data quality, and design for quality engineering across various databases and methodologies specific to Business Intelligence. This role will provide input and oversight on development design decisions, best practices, and processes to a team of BI Developers.
Technology & Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Perform in-depth development by writing complex ETL/ELT jobs, PL/SQL queries, APIs on various source systems, data marts and data warehouse support of the requirements for various strategic and/or tactical projects
- Work with a team of developers to provide input and oversight on ETL/ELT development designs and processes.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouse, and Data Marts development; guide the development design activities with input and data dependencies.
- Identify development and data quality issues and work with leads and management to mitigate
- Conduct on-going analysis of the development process and practices within and between various systems and applications.
- Ability to multi-task various projects and tasks with tight deliverables while keeping informed of existing and evolving development best practice, industry standards and technologies.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for both internal programs and external licenses and certifications.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with key business users to meet expected customer service levels.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.). Basic
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Skills and Knowledge
- *Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Developer, preferably in a data-intensive financial company.
- *Minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced ETL/ELT, PL/SQL, Oracle, and Reporting
- *Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Business Intelligence technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and Informatica products: SAP Data Services and Business Objects (development, migration, access, installation and upgrades); Informatica PowerCenter, Data Quality, Data Validation
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and principles
- Experience in Oracle databases, PL/SQL is strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently or within a team for problem resolution
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled