Monitor the contractor’s on-site construction activities, performing inspections, and conducting field material sampling and testing to ensure conformance to project plans and specifications.
- Monitor on-site construction activities
- Perform field sampling and testing of component materials in accordance with the construction contract
- Inspect materials and completed work in accordance with client’s scope of services (plans, specifications, and special provisions)
- Inspect traffic control devices and equipment; report deficiencies to ensure compliance with standards
- Maintain detailed, accurate records of daily operations and significant events
- Prepare inspection reports
- Participate in the development of job safety practices and observe general job safety practices
- Adhere to company marketing requirements by providing timely resume updates and participating in marketing campaigns
- Responsible for performing assignments in assisting Senior Inspector in the performance of their duties. Receive general supervision from the Senior Inspector who reviews work while in progress
- Available to work daytime, nightime, and/or weekend shifts as required
- Ensure timely completion of time sheets and expense reports
- Take ownership of personal career development by seeking and providing feedback, seizing opportunities to develop new skills, and setting and pursuing personal goals
- Possesses excellent analytical, technical, and communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in full suite of Microsoft office programs and Adobe Acrobat
- Able to read and interpret project drawings and specifications
- Maintains a positive attitude and collaborative spirit
. Requirements: REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent plus two (2) years experience in construction inspection, one (1) year of which shall have been in bridge and/or roadway construction inspection, or an Engineer Intern with a Civil Engineering degree (requires certificate) having the ability to earn the required qualifications and certifications within one year.
- Valid Driver’s License and a clear driving record
- Must have or be able to obtain within 12 months some or all of the following certifications, as determined by job assignments: CTQP Concrete Field Inspector Level I, CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I, CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I, CTQP Pile Driving Inspection, CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection, IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector Level I, CTQP Final Estimates Level I, FDOT Intermediate MOT, Nuclear Radiation Safety, IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector Level I, Florida Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Training and Certification Program for Inspectors and Contractors, and Critical Structures Construction Issues, Self Study Course
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited university may be substituted for experience
- EIT License
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
BCC Engineering and its affiliated companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time