Central Billing Office ManagerSan Francisco-Based Medical Group – San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Full Time/Employee
Years of Experience: 5+ years
Education: AA/Bachelor’s Degree
Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Contact Information: Fax: (415) 216-0092
San Francisco-based Medical Group is seeking a full-time Central Billing Office Manager to oversee and manage the daily activities of the medical billing process in health care.
- 5+ years of full cycle billing experience is required, with a minimum 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrated experience with large billing and medical practice management systems, preferably NetGen.
- Certification in medical coding (CPC or CPC-A) or equivalent in work experience required.
- Proven experience and background in financial analysis, reporting required and payer denial reviews and resolution.
- Experience using UB92 forms and CMS 1500 claim form.
- Answering inquiries from both patients and insurance organizations.
- Verifying all client data for completeness and accuracy as well as verification of current insurance carriers.
- Editing of electronic and hardcopy claims for submission to various insurance carriers including government, managed care and commercial.
- Managing the billing operations and revenue cycle from registration, billing, coding & charge entry to A/R and payment posting; staff leadership, performance management & training; and QA, auditing and regulatory compliance.
- 3-5 years in specialty practice billing administration, with knowledge of credentialing, primary & 3rd party payors and insurers, Medicare, charge, collection & payment processes, healthcare regulations.
- 2 years experience with electronic billing and EMR systems & applications. Knowledge of ICD10 & Meaningful Use preferred. Ability to train providers on coding in an EHR environment.
- Working with MSO/TPA or MSO/TPA experience preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with staff at TPAs locations, strong problem solving skills and the ability to comprehend and communicate policy languages.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advanced knowledge of software programs related to Billing/Underwriting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, analytical & organization skills.