Located in Jersey City, NJ, CarePoint Health Medical Group is part of the CarePoint Health system – a new and innovative healthcare system launched in May, 2013, focused on providing 360 degrees of coordinated healthcare to residents of Hudson County. More information can be found at www.carepointhealth.org and www.carepointhealth.org/medicalgroup
General Purpose of Position:
Performs a variety of duties such as assisting physicians with patient care; handling clerical, environmental and organizational tasks; Provides information to patients regarding clinical services.
Primary Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to):
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities, including checking schedules and organizing patient flow
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure room and assist with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exams etc.
- Collect patient history
- Perform screenings as per provider guidelines
- Assist nurses with a variety of procedures
- Relaying instructions to patients/families
- Answer incoming calls
- Provide pertinent information
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- RMA, AMT or AAMA Certification
- CPR Certification
- Electrocardiogram (EKG), vital signs, venipuncture, capillary and injection experience.
- Minimum of one year of recent experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant or externship completion in a medical office.
Compensation and Benefits:
CarePoint Health Medical Group provides an environment where our employees can grow and advance professionally, with a healthy balance between work and personal lives. We reward and recognize hard work by promoting from within and offer a competitive benefits and compensation program.
CarePoint Health Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.