We are an independent pharmacy looking for an experienced compounding pharmacy technician that is looking to grow with our company.
NO late nights, NO weekends, NO drive thru, and all major holidays off.
In addition to technician responsibilities listed below, the pharmacy technician must have great
communication skills and be willing to provide doctor detailing.
Duties and tasks that you will be asked to perform:
- Sterilize surfaces and equipment and prepare the pharmacy for opening
- Greet customers and answer questions
- Receive prescriptions and check their validity + Data Entry
- Process prescriptions electronically and ensure all information is complete and accurate
- Resolve issues when they arise (e.g. rejected insurance claims)
- Select the appropriate medicine and measure dosages to fill prescriptions
- Sort, stock, label medication and monitor inventory
- Undertake administrative tasks (e.g.record-keeping) as assigned
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards
- Proven experience as pharmacy technician/Complete technician program
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
- Knowledge of medical terminology and willingness to learn new systems
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Reliable with a keen eye for detail and offers new ideas
- Must have reliable transportation
- Valid License to practice in Virginia
- Ability to undergo background and drug testing
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pharmacy Tech: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service 1 Year (Required)
If you are interested, please send us your resume.
Pay will be determined by experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $17.00 per hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pharmacy Tech: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative