We are building a Data Science platform to facilitate the analysis of structured and unstructured data. The platform will initially be used to provide proactive alerts of anomalous activity, with further use cases following. You will architect a custom data pipeline solution for a multi-petabyte big data platform. Additionally, you will work on moving our systems to a cloud-based environment, as we will be leveraging AWS extensively. We continually evaluate new ways to improve our ingestion progress and will expect you to be part of evaluating and implementing any new methods that seem promising. You will be working closely with the newly formed Data Science team to incorporate their scripts and algorithms into our data environment.
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing systems and scripts, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
- Build solutions to process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis and ingest into the platform.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Work with other members of the team to ensure data is ingested, stored and managed properly to support our analytical needs
- 4+ years of experience building scalable and reliable data pipelines based on Big Data processing technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, etc.
- 4+ years of combined hands-on experience in Java, Python ,Scala, R, or F# and the ability to write reusable and efficient code to automate analyses and data processes.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Highly analytical with good problem solving skills and creativity; able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Positive individual with strong communication skills; able to interface well with users and other development teams
- Self-driven individual with an ability to work under pressure
- Experience with ElasticSearch a big plus.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics; potentially other advanced math as well.
- Experience with Compliance or related applications helpful
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms such as AWS helpful
- Broad understanding of financial services instruments helpful
Doesn't RecommendNeutral Outlook
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Millennium Management full-time (More than a year)
The autonomy and freedom to execute my ideas in sales and marketing.
The down side is handling client issues and getting to all of them as soon as possible. That's also the challenge I love!Millennium Management 2017-09-16 18:40 PDT