Location: San Mateo, CA
Occupation: Deployment Engineer
Job Category: Cust Success and Operations
Reporting to: Deployment Manager
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or higher
This position will report to the Deployment Manager and be responsible for deploying custom eCommerce solutions to major clients. Additional duties include resolving customer issues and escalating to other teams as necessary.
Ideal candidate will have extensive experience deploying and maintaining rich eCommerce customer datasets to AWS. Python background to automate processes as required and hands on experience with bash scripting, MongoDB, and GitHub.
Additional duties will include:
- Point of contact for customers during the deployment, including transferring necessary customer datasets, integrating Reflektion technology, coordinating testing and moving into production
- Develop tools/software to help ensure that the processes are repeatable and as automated as possible
- Execute test plans and conduct user acceptance testing
- Track results, refine solutions and drive successful and timely customer deployments
- Coordinate the application of refinements and additional solutions with these customers
- Experience with B2B SaaS software or eCommerce customer deployments to AWS
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux and bash scripting
- Experience with NoSQL development using MongoDB
- Some web development HTML/CSS experience a plus
- Enthusiasm for establishing and refining processes and metrics
- Proven ability to manage production releases and change management
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Featured Review
Helpful (1)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
I worked at Reflektion full-time (More than a year)
Everyone in Reflektion was like family. Everyone was easy to work with and coordinate with. It's great to learn from everyone.
The technology you work with in Reflektion are an in-demand technology stack in the Silicon Valley. What I learned and technology I worked with in Reflektion has helped me tremendously in my current job. I've definitely learned to work with many technologies in depth. Reflektion is willing to provide resources for experiments.
Being that Reflektion is a start-up, you'll be taking ownership of several projects and will wear multiple hats including project management, which could be a good and bad thing. Good because you'll learn A LOT. Bad because, as expected, it'll be a lot of work.
The benefits are great. You can see the benefits on their web page. They also provide lunch and dinner. Who doesn't like free lunch and dinner?
Beautiful office location in San Mateo. Close to the 92. Great location to take a walk. Close to Bridgepointe Plaza which included BJs, Target, Starbucks, Chipotle, Panda Express. Every Thursday, there were food trucks in the parking lot.
Every Summer and Christmas time, they have an office outing like BBQ and scavenger hunt at Golden Gate Park, or going to a fancy restaurant in downtown San Mateo.
Just like in every company, there have been times when the company was not doing so well. However, I feel the management did a good job of changing their strategy and regaining momentum.
This could be a good or bad thing depending on your perspective. Considering that Reflektion is a start-up, you'll need to work about 9 - 10 hours a day to keep up with the work load.
I enjoyed it because I learned a lot in a short time. Just to give you perspective: prior to Reflektion, I worked in a big company, so I was in a small team working on a small portion of the code. What I learned in 6 months in my prior job, I learned in 1 week at Reflektion.Reflektion 2017-05-09 21:05 PDT
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Reflektion full-time (Less than a year)
Aggressive and visionary CEO, fast pace, innovative culture, great team and camaraderie, good benefits, approachable management. It feels like working in a family enterprise.
Nothing so far that could be termed as a con. Open door policy leads to open and honest discussion on any issues and get resolved fast.
Advice to Management
Continue to keep eyes on the ballReflektion 2017-05-13 10:29 PDT
- Doesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
I worked at Reflektion full-time (Less than a year)
A few people here are very passionate about the work they do.
Quality of work not that greatReflektion 2017-11-21 00:27 PST