The Director of Demand Generation and Marketing Operations is responsible for crafting and executing the strategy, programs, and campaigns to drive demand and deliver marketing-qualified new leads in support of Nominum’s sales objectives. In addition, this leader is responsible to drive closed loop marketing process and reporting including quality lead follow up and data quality for reporting. The ideal candidate must show a strong track record of managing the demand generation and marketing operations functions for technology companies. We are looking for a creative, team-oriented, results-driven leader that has a solid understanding of end-to-end processes, is up to speed with the latest marketing trends and has a revenue impact mindset.
This leader will play a key role in our marketing team, reporting to the VP of Corporate Marketing. The right candidate will have excellent cross-functional project leadership skills, a deep understanding of the demand generation and marketing operations process and related technologies, a strong ability to forge relationships with sales, strong communication skills and a proven track record of results.
- Own the business conceptualization of demand generation, lead nurturing, and marketing operations.
- Determine the strategic marketing mix of vehicles, design offers and calls to action, set individual program goals and measurement criteria.
- Develop and execute measurable demand generation programs that drive revenue including marketing-driven campaigns, events, webinars, SEO, SEM, etc.
- Measure, analyze and report on demand generation campaign metrics and pipeline contribution.
- Develop and execute repeatable lead nurturing programs to move leads through the marketing and sales pipeline, as well as drive user activity among those who have come in through the Company’s website.
- Coordinate virtual teams across marketing and sales to shape campaigns themes and strategy and to ensure smooth execution
- Allocate budgets, provide reporting and actively monitor and analyze health of marketing contribution to pipeline, program ROI, customer acquisition and penetration, contact acquisition and activity. Provide senior management with analysis for marketing investments, pipeline impact and goal setting.
- Drive marketing database strategy: analyzing gaps in our data, contact acquisition strategy, practices that ensure data quality and measuring database health.
- Drive requirements for improvements and enhancements in marketing operations and infrastructure including marketing automation and social media monitoring.
- Leverage marketing automation and campaign management best practices and trends.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong strategic thinking, tying demand generation and marketing operation activities to overall company go-to-market strategy.
- Solid verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to work well as an individual and within a team.
- Personal drive to continually grow and enhance skills and knowledge.
Experience and education
- 10-15 years experience in demand/lead generation and marketing operations
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or related field. Masters degree or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of B2B demand generation experience, including experience with digital/inbound marketing, content marketing, event marketing, social media demand seeding, and SEO/SEM
- Proven track record of supporting successful demand generation programs with breadth of knowledge from marketing databases, segmentation, email execution, lead processes, reporting & analysis.
- Extensive experience in the creation and execution of creating of proven successful seeding, demand creation, lead nurturing and pipeline acceleration programs.
- Strong marketing operations skills including reporting and analysis skills with ingenuity to provide scalable reporting.
- Experience with marketing automation systems, web analytics and reporting;
- Budget management a requirement.
- Knowledge of Marketo and Google Analytics and Adwords is a plus.
- Power user experience with salesforce.com highly desirable.
- Exposure to marketing analytics offerings
- Exposure to network infrastructure and security offerings
- Background in Telecom
- Experience executing marketing campaigns globally