For owners and operators of commercial real estate, HqO is an end-to-end tenant experience (TeX) operating system and data and analytics platform that strengthens relationships with current and prospective tenants. We unlock business value for owners while bringing property management, marketing, and leasing teams closer to their customers. For building occupants, HqO is an award-winning tenant app connecting employees to the communities in and around their building and empowering them with tools to control their workday. Join our story and help empower our customers to build a stronger community in offices worldwide.
Our core values of “Let’s Go” (Learning, Excellence, Truth, Speed, Goodness, Ownership) define our culture and push us to be our best. We’re excited to grow our team and learn from people that want to make a difference. If you love what you do and you’re interested in being part of our journey, we want to hear from you.
We build the digital experiences that elevate physical office space
HqO has momentum and is looking to add the right talent to our strong, skilled team. We’re a smart, mobile, early-stage company with an entrepreneurial culture and you can have a direct impact on the future of our business, starting now.
We engineer products for both consumers and enterprises that are equally critical to our value proposition. In addition, we are evolving our technology into a true global platform for integrating thousands of service providers to address the needs of this emerging space. It takes superior execution and problem-solving skills to make this work. This is where you come in.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will be involved throughout the engineering and operation of the HqO product suite, executing on B2C and B2B roadmaps while scaling through our platform evolution. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will grow and manage multiple teams of engineers plus offshore contractors in close collaboration with Product Management and our Analytics team ensuring cross-team transparency, communication, and effectiveness.
- Proactively drive the vision for BI, analytics, and data warehousing with Architecture. Define and execute a plan to achieve that vision.
- Work hand and hand with the leadership of our Analytics team to best utilize and manage existing data resources and drive scalable data practices.
- Mentor and manage other engineers, instructing them on data science architecture and ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed.
- Lead your team in solving challenging problems drawing on your years of technical expertise.
- Assist in external conversations with partners to provide best practice guidelines for data collection and enrichment of existing data
- Track objectives, dependencies, status, and results of your team while leading by example to facilitate aspects of our Agile/Scrum development process
- Intimately involved in the hiring and onboarding process for new engineers
- Giving feedback to team members regularly, working with Engineers on career development plans, and driving a regularly conducted employee review process across your department
- 15+ years in data engineering and still wants to lead by example.
- Experience managing software development teams and is responsible for driving delivery.
- Fully versed in Agile/Scrum development processes and principles and you’ve lived its life cycle from requirements through post-deployment.
- Mentorship expertise in Linux, GitHub, AWS, SQL, and strong proficiency in Python as well as analytics databases (e.g., Snowflake or another columnar DB) and associated pipelines.
- Experience working with unstructured data and complex ELT processes; you should be able to tune streaming and batch processing applications to increase throughput.
- A passion for growing talent and have focused on team building, motivating, mentoring, goal setting, and career planning.
- A desire to build recruiting programs and the proactive attitude to be involved in our hiring processes
- Active engagement in projects, meetups, or other activities designed to maintain your skills.
- You have simplified and streamlined in a complex setting; your passions for execution excellence have made an impact.
- Experience working with IOT data.
- Experience with I18N/L10N as we are going global.
- Experience building software in commercial real estate