Business Development Representative (BDR)
Full-Time Entry level position in Sales but reporting in to Marketing. Not a college internship but appropriate for new college graduates. Includes extensive training. Starting salary range is $30-32k per annum but with potential to grow to six figures in as short as six months.
This role is located in Palo Alto, CA
- Venture Capital backed Silicon Valley Technology Startup
- A Provider of Open Source and Commercial Enterprise Software
- Our software is used by some of the biggest companies in the world such as Apple, AT&T, HSBC, Morgan Stanley and many others
- Positive, enthusiastic, communicative and have an engaging personality on the phone and in person.
- Driven to be successful. We are a fast-growing company, and need people with work ethic who will take initiative to “figure it out” and take ownership to be successful in the role.
- A Fast Learner: demonstrated "spongelike" intelligence ability to absorb and quickly apply lots of information
- A Proven Competitive Success in any field such as sports or academics.
- Coachable: you have references from coaches or other mentors showing the ability to eagerly absorb and apply feedback in order to perform better
About Business/Sales Development:
Sales Development is the front line of Hazelcast's sales strategy, and will research, call, email and get meetings with potential customers. We seek disciplined hunters who want to join a fast growing dynamic sales and marketing team. Top performers have an opportunity to transition to an Inside Sales Representative, which have six figure earning potential.In the first 3-6 months, you will become proficient in discussing our business benefits, demonstrating the solution to a prospect online, and working through the inbound interest using Pardot, salesforce.com and other sales tools. In addition, you will increasingly develop your outbound prospecting skills to generate new demand.
Develop and execute on cold calling and email campaign strategies to qualify sales-ready leads
Learn highly scalable sales skills and a knowledge of the Hazelcast product offering and market
Complete training program, and receive advanced training throughout career
Participate in an enhanced career path and training program, preparing you to be an Inside Sales Representative
Build a sales/lead pipeline with qualified opportunities for SMB and Enterprise sales teams
Consistently achieve qualified opportunity goals to ensure company revenue objectives are met
Qualify outbound opportunities and develop a strong pipeline via phone and email communications
Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Enter data in Salesforce.com and Pardot
Good written and oral communication skills
4 year college preferred
Sales or Customer Service Work experience preferred