Add your resume and apply to jobs with your Glassdoor profile. Create Profile
We are looking for an EPIC Clinical Application Support Analyst IV who will concentrate on Resolute Hospital Billing for SBO ANALYST W/Expected Reimbursement Contracts. This employee provides support for the Enterprise Clinical Application systems and ancillary systems. Responsible for effectively leading the implementation and support functions for clinical systems. Effectively supervises the business work flow analysis, system definition, design, acquisition and implementation of new and modified computer systems. Coordinates vendor activities in conformance to contracts. Leads the coordination of outside consultants and contractors who assist with implementation and support activities. The preferred candidate will have significant build & support experience in Resolute Hospital Billing for SBO to include Benefits Engine and reimbursement contract administration. You will have the ability to perform activities/projects independently and autonomously, also able to work with others in a team environment. Direct interaction with other team members and end users in order to understand complex business problems and help identify solutions.
This is a full time position with UTHealth that will report to an office in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. We are a State of Texas employer that offers a stable environment, great work/life balance, and outstanding benefits. All of our employees are covered by our healthcare plan and participate in a pension program run by the state. It is classified as exempt.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Monitors, maintains and provides primary support for Enterprise Clinical Application systems and integrated systems providing business and functional analysis and communication between clinical staff/departments and IT resources.
2. Coordinates upgrades, new releases or changes to relevant application(s), generating and updating appropriate documentation as per policy and procedure, including requirements, specifications, change control, training and end user documentation
3. Develops detailed specifications and documentation for software changes to vendor or for internally implemented modifications, providing communication of all changes to leadership and the user community.
4. Interacts and collaborates with all levels of healthcare personnel; IT Management, Physicians, Clinicians, Consultants and Administrators.
5. Identifies clinical and ancillary system or application needs; performs analysis of current business practices, user needs and work flow processes; documents the current business processes.
6. Specifies the design decisions for developers and database analysts; identifies and documents the data sources, recipients and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection and maintenance
7. Gathers and translates end user requirements and issues into application solutions that satisfy the customer's needs.
8. Coordinates clinical and ancillary application testing resources.
9. Performs configuration analysis for system maintenance and design; facilitates design analysis with healthcare providers/customers to determine configuration.
10. Responsible for documenting and updating existing material for reference needs
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Expert analytical and problem solving skills. High level of patience, empathy and courtesy. Advanced knowledge of MS Office products. Advanced computing, analytical and organizational skills EPIC certification required or must be obtained within 3 months of hire date.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Seven (7) years of experience in clinical applications support, preferably 2 years of experience with EPIC Clinical and Financial as well as experience in clinical setting either inpatient/outpatient and/or Revenue Cycle.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215