Add your resume and apply to jobs with your Glassdoor profile. Create Profile
We are looking for an Epic Clinical Application Support Analyst III who will work primarily with Resolute Professional Billing for SBO Analyst (including Benefits Engine). This employee provides advanced support for the Enterprise Clinical Application systems and ancillary systems. Performs as a business and system analyst to determine requirements and user needs for developing application solutions and optimizing performance of the Practice Management and EHR IT systems. Supports all users of solution, providing timely implementation, ongoing maintenance, and provides the stable and dependable systems foundation for enhanced user productivity. Ideally this person will have significant build & support experience in Resolute Professional Billing for SBO to include Benefits Engine. Ability to perform activities/projects independently and autonomously, also able to work with others in a team environment. Direct interaction with other team members and end users in order to understand complex business problems and help identify solutions.
This is a full time position with UTHealth that will report to an office in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. We are a State of Texas employer that offers a stable environment, great work/life balance, and outstanding benefits. All of our employees are covered by our healthcare plan and participate in a pension program run by the state. It is classified as exempt.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Monitors, maintains and provides primary support for the Enterprise Clinical Application systems and integrated systems providing business and functional analysis and communication between healthcare providers/departments and IT resources.
2. Coordinates upgrades, new releases or changes to relevant application(s), generating and updating appropriate documentation per policy and procedure, including requirements, specifications, change control, training, test plans, and end user documentation.
3. Develops detailed specifications and documentation for software changes to vendor or for internally implemented modifications, providing communication of all changes to leadership and the user community.
4. Interacts and collaborates with all levels of healthcare personnel; IT Management, Physicians, Clinicians, Consultants and Administrators.
5. Evaluates and recommends new healthcare technology to support patients and healthcare professional needs.
6. Provides proactive resolution of issues, responding to customer requests and changes while on site working with healthcare providers in the milieu.
7. Gathers and translates end user requirements and issues into application solutions that satisfy the customer's needs.
8. Liaison between Faculty/healthcare providers and application team for communicating clinical/department goals.
9. Responsible for documenting and updating existing material for reference needs.
10. Stays current with the system and/or application as well as interfacing with appropriate department and external analyst.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent communication skills. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills. High level of patience, empathy and courtesy. Advanced knowledge of MS Office products. Advanced computing, analytical and organizational skills EPIC certification required or must be obtained within 3 months of hire date.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Five (5) years of experience in clinical applications support, preferably 2 years of experience with EPIC Clinical and Financial systems as well as experience in clinical setting either inpatient/outpatient and/or Revenue Cycle.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215