Interactive College of Technology (ICT) is currently accepting resumes for Instructors in our English as a Second Language Department at our South Houston Campus.
With a diverse student body from over 100 countries, ICT is considered one of the nation’s leaders in English as a Second Language instruction. ICT has operated for over forty years and offers one of the few full-time ESL instructional positions with benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). Part-time adjunct positions are available as well.
ICT’s ESL program offers a unique program structure giving students equitable access to the seven skills of language including grammar, conversation, and reading and writing. The program is a comprehensive, college-level, ESL program which puts the student in an immersive English environment.
ICT believes the ESL instructor’s position is the primary motivational source for students enrolled in courses at ICT. Instructors conducts all courses within the structured syllabus and lesson plans, maintains gradebooks, and documents student engagement and progress.
Classes are available in the morning and evening. On-ground and online positions are available.
· Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area. Master’s degree is a plus, but not required.
· Energetic personality with a desire to teach English to students of a foreign language.
· Must maintain the highest possible level of customer service to each student and serve as a conduit to other parts of the institution in order to enhance the student’s opportunity and desire to graduate. Able to constantly provide positive re-enforcement to students.
· Desire to follow structured syllabus and lesson plans.
· Experience teaching adults in a structured environment is a plus.
· TESOL and/or TEFL certification is a plus.
Part-time opportunities are available for both day and evening classes.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person
Sick Days(6 comments)
"unlimited sick day as long as you bring a document"
Reduced or Flexible Hours(3 comments)
"Part-time and morning or evening schedules."
Great company to work for
one year wait for vacation
The company works hard to provide a solid Employment opportunity and a very well rounded benefits package.