Stanbridge University (Irvine, CA) is conducting a search for a qualified adjunct faculty member in ADN to provide instruction in the discipline of Pediatrics. Reporting to the ADN program Director, the faculty member for pediatrics is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and instruction in the assigned subject while promoting student retention and satisfaction. The instructor is also responsible for assessing student performance during the assigned course and documenting all course-related activities within the timelines established by the university.
- Effectively delivers clinical instruction utilizing course syllabi and materials that are provided.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a clinical environment conducive to learning and student involvement while effectively planning and preparing for clinical instruction and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
- Assesses student work in a timely fashion and conveys feedback to students.
- Manages the learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and administering academic and attendance policies.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- A master’s degree with a minimum of 15 semester credit hours (or the equivalent) in related subject areas which support the curriculum content.
- 1-2 year(s) experience in teaching adult learners, preferably in the proprietary sector of higher education.
- Ability to teach with a high level of knowledge, ability, organization and proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Facility in relating to students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Conditions of Employment
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Standard office setting.
- Typically, duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer workstation.
- An incumbent is subject to contact with others, frequent interruptions, noise from talking or office equipment and demanding timelines.
- The incumbent regularly sits for long periods, walks short distances on a regular basis
- Uses hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; reaches with hands and arms; speaks clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; sees to read fine print and operate computer; hears and understands voices over telephone and in person; and lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
About Stanbridge University
Founded in 1996, Stanbridge University offers specialized degrees at the Master, Bachelor, and Associate levels in the fields of Nursing and Allied Health. Stanbridge is based in Irvine, California with an annual enrollment of over 1,300 students.
For each year from 2009 through 2015, Stanbridge has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. In 2016, Stanbridge University was awarded the Gold Award for Excellence in Community Service from The California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) for offering students quality higher education while simultaneously maintaining efforts to assist the local community. In 2013, Stanbridge University received the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) Community Service Award for outstanding outreach to the local and global community. Stanbridge University has been selected as a 2014-2015 School of Excellence by the ACCSC, and also received its 2015 Excellence in Student Services Award for creating a comprehensive student services program that enhances student achievement outcomes. Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc., has named Stanbridge University one of America’s Best Technical Colleges for each year from 2009 through 2016.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- A culture that values and appreciates its employees.
- A highly competitive pay and benefits package
- A strong community service and service learning culture.
Stanbridge University is an equal opportunity employer. F*or more information, please visit www.stanbridge.edu or call (949) 794-9090.
Job Type: Part-time
- teaching adult learners: 2 years (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative