Our mission is to bridge the gap to educational opportunities. We believe this commitment to the individual student is founded on our core values as a company. We fulfill our mission and purpose through service, integrity, adaptability, and care. These same ideals are shared in our view of work and how it plays out in each individual employee. At NursingABC, we believe the growth of a person, as a whole, is necessary for reaching both professional and personal accomplishments. We care about the people that work here and the meaningful impact they have on others.
The Filmmaker assists in audio/video production initiatives including conceptualizing, scriptwriting, lighting, staging, recording, editing and creative input. This role is mainly responsible for editing course content and aiding in video and photo projects that are meaningful and visually pleasing under the established vision/direction of the Lead Filmmaker and align with company branding.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function(s).
- Edit audio or video recordings through timeline editing, Adobe After Effects editing, title sequences, re-edits, and fixes.
- Edit video to include preselected music, interviews, sound clips, and other important aspects of the project.
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos.
- Assist with video and photo projects.
- Operate audio/video recording equipment.
- Participate in scheduling, design, and production of multimedia projects.
- Keep recording studio organized.
- Collaborate with different departments to complete important projects and initiatives in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide guidance and expert advice to management and other departments on technical, systems, or process related topics.
- Compress, digitize, duplicate, and store audio and video inventory.
- Work with the Lead Filmmaker to ensure that all productions are aligned with the vision/direction of the department.
- Ensure that multimedia projects remain consistent with the set branding of the company.
- Acquire and maintain audio and video hardware and software.
- Stay current with new technologies in the field through research, conferences, podcasts, webinars, and trade publications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent working knowledge of audio-visual production and editing.
- Skilled in required audio-visual editing software such as Adobe Audition, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, and Final Cut Pro.
- Ability to pay careful attention to detail and being thorough in completing work tasks.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, listening, and public speaking) skills.
- Must be service oriented with a focus on helping others.
- Exhibit an understanding of graphics or photo imaging software.
- Ability to match and detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness (visual color discrimination).
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
Qualifications (Education Requirements/Experience):
- Entry level position with at least 1 year of experience in audio-visual production preferred but not required.
- Successful completion of certificate film studies program or greater.
- Demonstrated agreement with the stated mission, philosophy, values, and goals of NursingABC.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit; talk and hear, use hands to type, file, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk, lift, carry and move light to medium weight. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and learn technical information.
- Light lifting is required. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force to constantly move objects.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Must be able to work from the office located in Chippewa Township, PA and conduct a minimum of 80% of work hours in the office.
This job requires occasional travel. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Other Duties Disclaimer:
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational goals.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $42,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- audio-visual production: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person