Advantage|ForbesBooks has an exciting opportunity for a freelance Ghostwriter with experience in book writing and editing. Advantage|ForbesBooks works with top tier business professionals to position, promote, and market them as the thought leader and expert in their industry, community, or marketplace.
The mission of the Ghostwriter is to take a client participating in our ghostwriting program from a book plan to a final draft of a manuscript ready for copyedit. The Ghostwriter will achieve this goal by proactively engaging with our clients, writing and editing the editorial through our ghostwriting process.
- Ensure the successful completion of ghostwriting projects. You will organize, plan and manage the execution of the ghostwriting process. This requires excellent communication skills and an ability to manage changes in timing and scope.
- Manage the overall word count of the manuscript
- Ensure all phases of the ghostwriting project are completed on time, within budget and with high client satisfaction
- Delivery editorial excellence
- Exude world class customer service from start to finish as a freelance ghostwriter representing Advantage | ForbesBooks
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Creativity and Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Excellent Communication Skills. Highly skilled at advising, coaching and strategizing on the phone and in-person with business professional clients.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Problem Solving Mindset. Flexible attitude to test new approaches and adjust activities in order to solve unique client challenges.
- Responsible. Meets all deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Minimum of three years book ghostwriting experience
- Exceptional writing, editing, grammar, spelling and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- High level of competency in Microsoft Word and Track Changes
- Ability to work effectively with a highly creative and senior level clientele
Minimum of three diverse examples of your ghostwriting work will need to be submitted if your application is moved forward in our process. Examples must be a minimum of 1,000 words each. Submitted materials will only be used for qualification and review purposes.
Position is freelance and can be conducted remotely. Position reports to the Ghostwriting Manager. Advantage|ForbesBooks is an entrepreneurial, high growth company with opportunity for advancement and upward mobility. We highly value and respect our Team Members and ghostwriting partners.
Powered by JazzHR