Under general supervision of the GIS Supervisor, this position provides analytical services to the Engineering and Support Services division of the Water Utilities Department using the Geographic Information System (GIS). Duties include but are not limited to: integrating spatial and tabular data from a variety of data sources for complex analysis and reporting, producing high quality thematic and spatial maps, creating customized GIS applications, writing computer scripts to automate data queries, batch updates, and other processes, and assisting in the development and support of the City’s Water and Sanitary Sewer GIS datasets using ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists in the maintenance of the City’s Water and Sanitary Sewer GIS infrastructure through data creation, analysis, and reporting.
2. Develops configurable GIS applications such as Web Mapping Applications and Dashboards in ArcGIS Online and Portal for analytical solutions and field data collection.
3. Compiles and integrates spatial and tabular data from a variety of sources to perform analyses and produce thematic and spatial maps, presentations, and reports for department staff and the general public using ArcGIS applications.
4. Applies critical thinking for complex data analysis, problem solving, and performing research under limited supervision.
5. Utilized SQL, Python, and other programming languages to automate processes and workflows.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Support department GIS users with spatial reports and analysis, data editing, QA/QC, workflow management, and application training.
2. Develops procedures for data visualization to standardize processes and workflows, aid in decision-making, and support asset management strategies.
3. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Qualifying Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Spatial Science or related technical field and three or more years experience using Geographic Information Systems.
Successful completion of background check, including but not limited to, a comprehensive criminal history check.