The GIS Summer internship program will allow any individual to directly experience, and learn more about, API Global Industry Services’ (GIS) products and services. GIS is responsible for standards setting, certification, training, events, publications, and safety programs for industry operations. GIS works with leading industry subject-matter experts to develop and maintain over 700 Standards and Recommended Practices for the
natural gas and oil industry that drive safety, environmental protection, and sustainability across industry operations. The intern will focus their time in the marketing and communications department, which help supports the promotion and marketing of 8 GIS programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill tasks set out by supervisors from the marketing and communications department
- Attend meetings to learn more about GIS products and programs
- Perform research at a supervisor's request
- Assist in preparing information and research materials; create and maintain PowerPoint presentations
- Research and gather documentation on company position in the industry
Marketing and Communication Departmental Tasks
Communications & Marketing
- Assist with the gathering of GIS press mentions and clips and compile clips into a neat and organized manner to share with staff. Help to determine trends based on 2020 press mentions.
- Gather email, website and other analytics and assist in analyzing the efficiency of marketing campaigns. Assist in creating a method of presenting this data in graphs or dashboard format.
- Compile examples of marketing/ promotional efforts for each program to showcase samples of marketing collateral for each GIS program.
- Provide assistance for social media posts to include: researching content ideas, writing or creating content and developing social images for use on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Assist with content creation for various writing projects, such as emails, articles, internal newsletters, etc.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- The intern shall be enrolled in secondary school – college, master’s program or doctorate
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Familiarity with database technology and MS Office applications required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be 18 years of age
Compensation for this position will be $15.00 USD per hour. This internship shall not to exceed 60 calendar days in a given one-year period. The intern shall not work more than 30 hours per work any work week.