- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in global supply chain management in consumer electronics, including experience with manufacturing and supply chain processes.
- Experience in packaging, printed materials, and kitting operations.
- Experience working in technology with procurement and supply chain management.
- Experience collaborating and working cross functionally with Engineering and Product teams. Experience working and partnering with supplier management at a global scale.
- Experience sourcing packaging materials, pulp packaging, rigid packaging, etc.
- Experience working with international supply base partners.
- Effective communication, sourcing, consulting and collaboration skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
About the job
Commodity Managers work with Engineering teams to make sure Google has the supplies and equipment to put into production the innovative products coming from our Engineering teams. As a Commodity Manager, you use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global - and growing - infrastructure. The scale at which Google operates means that savings on just one piece of hardware can have a huge impact on Google's bottom line.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop and execute global supply chain strategies.
- Manage suppliers to ensure readiness, assurance of supply, and overall quality for the product builds and sustaining operations.
- Initiate purchase orders, track spend, understand component lead time, and evaluate associate supply chain risks.
- Create Request for Quotation (RFQ) templates and prepare RFQ documentation for general supply management to review.
- Drive cost reductions and influence partners for cost effective supply chain solutions.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.