Responsible for the operation and management of the housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure maximum service quality. Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hotel including rooms and public areas.
• Maintains cleanliness for both guest rooms and public areas and inspects them to ensure that the standards are met.
• Foster a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
• Supervises employees in housekeeping department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations’ policies and applicable laws.
• Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; planning, assigning, directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Department ordering and budget.
• Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions, uses reason at all times. Makes timely decisions while exhibiting sound judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
• Project Management – Prepares and supports those affected by change, monitors transition, and evaluates results.
• Customer Service – Overall Cleanliness in the Top 40% or better on Franchise Guest Service Scores. Respond and resolve all guest complaints timely and appropriately. Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance. Plans work schedules and room assignments with minimum disruption to guests.
• Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Communicates change effectively. Communicates changes in room status to the front desk.
• Team Work –Upholds organizational values, treats people with respect and promotes a harassment free environment. Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests.
• Quality Management – Maintain housekeeping department programs to ensure that the quality criteria are met including deep cleaning, special projects and preventative maintenance.
• Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, changing approach or method to best fit a situation.
• Initiative - Take independent actions and calculated risks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestion for improving work and takes responsibility for own actions. Delegates work assignments, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities. Asks for and offers help when needed.
• People Management – Ensures each employee completes orientation and required brand training. Assists General Manager in ensuring employee performance reviews are performed timely and in accordance with company standards. Ensure proper and timely execution of all employee related documentation (i.e. new hire paperwork, separation reporting, status changes, benefits documentation, etc.). Assists in maintaining effective employee relations programs within the hotel.
• Safety and Security – Uses ongoing safety training to minimize workers compensation claims. Recognizes and corrects conditions which may create security, fire or accident hazards.
• Compliance – Maintains key control and lost and found and ensures staff is trained to follow correct procedures for both.
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions, aligns work with strategic goals.
Participates in the preparation on the housekeeping budget, codes invoices and follows all bid processes. Seeks out cost reduction methods while ensuring no impact to guest perception of the hotel. Orders and buys cleaning supplies, linens and chemicals at the best prices. Maintains inventory of supplies and ensures staff follows proper inventory cost control procedures.
High School diploma or equivalent and three years experience in housekeeping function in a hotel or similar industry to include two years in a supervisory capacity. Ability to develop an understanding of concepts, practices,pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company in relation to guest service is necessary. Computer knowledge including intranet, Property management system.
Competitive pay & Benefits!
Compensation: Based on Experience