Instructor – Mine Warfare
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come and join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Mine Warfare Instructor. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced individual who is hard-working, and has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
SBG Technology Solutions is actively seeking a Mine Warfare Subject Matter Expert (SME) having recent operational experience on Mine Counter Measure and Littoral Combat classes of ships. Highly desired experience is combat systems operations and U.S. Navy Sea mines. Mineman "A" School Trainer at the Mine Warfare Training Center (MWTC) located in San Diego, CA.Key Responsibilities:
- Develops, organizes, and delivers Mine Warfare (MIW) training and educational programs for personnel assigned to U.S. Navy Ships. Must be capable of conducting conventional knowledge-based classroom teaching and performance/scenario-based laboratory training.
- The candidate would serve as an instructor to train new accession sailors in all facets of basic mine warfare principles related to Mining and Mine Countermeasure operations.
- Train mid-level to senior-level personnel in Legacy combat systems operations, Tactical Planning procedures for Mine Countermeasures, and components Littoral Combat Ship's Mine Warfare Mission Module.
- Must be able to understand and train to naval ordinance related to MIW. The candidate will provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development to include the following:
- Must be prepared to support training and evaluation utilizing a shore-based trainer requiring dynamic assessment of students in individual and team training events.
- Experience with Mine Warfare (MIW), Mining processes and procedures, MIW legacy technologies, and advanced MIW systems relating to the LCS.
- Prepares, reviews, and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guides in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Supports Formal Course Reviews and curriculum updates that support changes in technology and tactics.
- Conducts training Gap Analysis and provides formal feedback and recommendations for course improvement.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned; Experience applicable to the MIW warfare areas to support test and evaluation of assigned projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
- Three (3) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician or operator with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in an apprentice level training environment. Of the three years, one (1) year experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Experience as Trainer / Instructor in support of CSCS / ATRC / TACTRAGRU is a significant plus.
- Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
- Active Secret DOD Clearance
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V