Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack RailsSignal Vine, LLC – Alexandria, VA
Signal Vine is a mobile messaging startup spun out of another company due to incredible momentum in a new market. The new company is being led by a mobile industry veteran who has been successful building multiple high-growth businesses throughout his career. We have a powerful vision for this new business and have lined up a stellar group of investors to support us in what we expect will be an amazing journey.
We pride ourselves on the technology and products we build, and we value our team and the customer relationships we develop. In order to build a successful business, we move quickly and work hard.
Lead Software Engineer: Full Stack Rails Developer
We are in search of a talented developer with strong experience in full stack Rails development who can lead the transition of the existing mobile platform into the new company, and then lead the ongoing development and evolution of the platform to support the rapid growth of the business. You will play an integral role in the development of a new business.
We are committed to attracting and developing exceptional people, and to creating an environment that is dynamic, challenging, and rewarding, all with the goal of realizing our full potential as a business. We seek those who enjoy a collaborative, participatory work environment where passion and a sense of humor are essential to making this an outstanding place to work.
Your responsibilities will include …
- building critical components & features of the web applications
- being a strong voice in product development and technical planning
- owning the core product and continuing to grow it with the spin out company
- collaboratively setting product vision and helping to build an engineering team
- building production-level web applications in Rails
- working with modern HTML/CSS/JS
- creating both user-facing and core backend features
- coding in a test-driven development environment
- demonstrating strong leadership and communication skills
- self-driven and self-motivated, but great at interfacing with others
- excited about applying technology to help solve problems
- eager to work with and lead development teams
- a flexible multi-tasker, yet deadline driven
- an entrepreneurial spirt with a sense of humor
Minimum experience required:
- 3+ years of experience
- experience with AWS or other cloud-based deployment
- experience working with SMS- and message-centric web services
- experience scaling Rails applications
- opportunity to grow with broad, challenging responsibilities
- competitive salary and equity, plus health and dental benefits
- working in the DC area, spending significant time in Baltimore the first three months