(FT) MANAGER OF MARKET INTELLIGENCE
The Manager of Market Intelligence will be responsible for owning marketing intelligence and research across the enterprise – supporting all relevant organizations in their market intelligence/research needs. The Manager of Market Intelligence is also responsible for delivering actionable information about the consumer, prospective business clients and the marketplace. The Manager of Market Intelligence is a trusted strategic business partner across all relevant organizations and influences recommendations on brand strategy, product portfolio management, integrated marketing planning and new product/service development with constant focus on the consumer, client landscape and general marketplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct market segmentation research, across all products/services, to identify key customer/client attributes.
- Create user profiles for all products/services.
- Develop longitudinal studies to provide insights on emerging customer/client needs and industry gaps.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify market intelligence/research needs and develop and prioritize research plans and methodology.
- Own all market intelligence vendor relationships.
- Evaluate current internal research and intelligence tools against our long-term intelligence needs. Make recommendations as to current tool effectiveness v. alternatives.
- Leverage internal research and intelligence tools to create customized market intelligence and proof points to support sales across all products/services.
- Effectively interpret and communicate market intelligence/research findings, and make recommendations based on those findings, across all relevant organizations.
- When appropriate, manage outside research projects from inception to conclusion, including managing RFP processes, recommending appropriate methodologies, and managing vendor relationships to produce reports to meet desired intelligence objectives.
- Design and conduct exploratory user and satisfaction studies including surveys, field studies, brand tracking studies, etc., as needed.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with focus on timeline and cost.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college, graduate degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in market intelligence/research or similar consulting role.
- Extensive experience in both B2C and B2B market intelligence methodologies and principles.
- Expertise in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods and can apply them appropriately to business issues.
- Hands-on experience in writing surveys, programming, fielding online surveys, and conducting focus groups.
- Experience leading the strategic learning plan and priorities for a brand or product/service category and managing a budget accordingly.
- Experience discovering and activating consumer and market insights that lead to measureable sales growth, new product/service launches, existing product/service improvements and improved marketing efficiencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced statistical techniques and market research tools. Knowledge of Scarborough, Nielsen, Claritas, and RAM is desired.
- Great data visualization and presentation skills to provide recommendations based on insight.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; working cross-functionally, ability to prioritize and drive intelligence projects across the enterprise.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects across critical yet often fluctuating deadlines – and with sometimes minimal and/or ambiguous input from stakeholders.