is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.’s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer
for our Vehicle Engineering
Practice in Austin, TX with a fundamental interest in the automotive field. In this role you will work as part of a team to support existing consulting projects that involve the analysis of transportation accidents, mechanical failures, and the design of consumer and industrial products. You will have the opportunity to ultimately develop your own consulting practice and grow professionally within Exponent.
You will be responsible for:
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Engineering analysis, field and laboratory testing, and original research
- Conducting site, scene, vehicle, and equipment inspections
- Preparing written reports and presenting results/findings to diverse audiences
- Managing projects from initiation to completion; communicating project updates to other team members, clients, and administrative staff; ensuring that Exponent meets its deadlines and produces exceptional work product; and identifying business development opportunities
- Setting up and executing various test programs and component or control systems evaluations
- Developing a specialized expertise in the automotive field such as evaluation of existing or emerging automotive technology, or analysis and reconstruction of transportation accidents
- Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering (or a M.S. and 2 years of experience) and knowledge of automotive systems or interest in vehicles and automotive systems
- Field and/or lab measurement experience with good hands-on skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of dynamics, mechanical design, and 3D CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or Rhino3D preferred)
- FAA Part 107 certification (drone pilot license) or willingness to obtain the certification
- P.E. license or the willingness to obtain a P.E. license
- Versatile, team-oriented, willing to work overtime and travel when required
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to synthesize technical information and present it to specialists and non-specialists alike
- Clear written communication and technical writing skills
- Proven dedication to quality and accuracy
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org