Molecular beam epitaxyUniversal Technology Corporation – Dayton, OH
Job Description: Provide engineering technical support to epi-research engineer working at the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL). The MBE (Molecular beam epitaxy) epi-growth technician is responsible for various aspects of MBE system operation in a research environment.
1. Support reactor operation and equipment maintenance in MBE reactors.
2. Provide technical support on epi-growth including loading and unloading of wafers, and monitoring growth run status.
3. Perform routine cycling on MBE reactors, including handling a high vacuum system, chamber part changes, leak checking, vacuum component assembly, and effusion cell loading under limited supervision of professional personnel.
4. Operate a variety of computer controlled equipment, including maintenance and troubleshooting.
5. Serve as emergency response team.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Associate degree or higher in electrical engineering, material science, or chemical engineering. Hands-on experience with high vacuum systems or associated epi-growth system. Direct experience with MBE reactors preferred, but not required. Experience with complex equipment or systems such as vacuum pumps, power supplies, cooling system, heaters, and others. Experience with LabView program is preferred. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and be able to work in a defense laboratory environment.