This full-time position with Northwestern Polytechnic University requires a dedicated individual with strong administrative and computer skills to perform administrative work and legal research and implement operations and administrative systems, procedures, and policies. This position will be located in Fremont, CA, and will support the Chief Operating Officer and the Legal Counsel, Director of Human Resources on a variety of projects.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks, including maintaining records and forms, filing, scanning, workflow tracking and reporting, responding to and processing requests, policy implementation, and other related tasks.
- Assist in scheduling, calendaring, and other tasks for the Chief Operating Officer.
- Support HR functions by maintaining employee records, managing the onboarding of new employees, handling verification of employment requests, and payroll preparation.
- Assist with accreditation, insurance, government, and administrative agency reporting by gathering information, performing data analysis, and preparing documentation.
- Perform legal research.
- Create, maintain, and improve systems, procedures, and workflow by analyzing data, studying methods and operating practices, implementing changes and cost reductions, and developing reporting procedures.
- Outstanding administrative, organization, and computer skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and improve processes.
- Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to quickly and accurately synthesize information from a variety of sources.
- Functional knowledge of Excel formulas, VBA, and OCDB.
- Excellent word processing and reading and writing skills.
- Flexibility, willingness, and ability to work on a broad range of tasks and learn new subject matter.
- Ability to think and work quickly and effectively and prioritize properly.
- Excellent collaboration skills and professionalism.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in computers, operations, engineering, science, or another technical area; programming and finance/accounting background helpful.
- Foreign language(s) proficiency, spoken and/or written.
- Experience working in a multicultural setting.
- Working legal knowledge, particularly in the areas of employment, contracts, immigration, tax, and real property.
- Strong database experience and knowledge with the ability to design and run queries.