Status: Non‑Exempt Hourly
Supervisor: Salad Bar/Prep Manager (Direct Supervisor) or Shift Manager
Job Classification: Food Service
At Hoss's; our prep cooks prepare quality salads, soups, sauces, vegetables, desserts, and fruits for the Salad Bar and other departments.
- Prepares all products with the Guest as the #1 priority.
- Achieves guest satisfaction through interaction and coordination with all departments, levels and functions within the store. Support all fellow crew member’s efforts and treats each other with the mutual respect necessary to promote a pleasant and efficient working environment.
- Maintains a clean and professional appearance that reflects the Hoss’s brand and culture.
- Complies with all Hoss quality, service, operational, safety and sanitation standards.
- Has thorough knowledge of the Hoss recipes which enables precise preparation of food items to ensure consistency in the products made. Maintains proper inventory levels to ensure there is an adequate supply of food for the guests.
- Greets guests and provides them with excellent guest service when in the dining room.
- Prepares all food with consideration of safety and sanitation procedures at all times.
- Is able to complete tasks under time restraints, while still ensuring accuracy and quality of all products produced.
- Responds to guest questions and concerns immediately. Has the ability to make decisions to provide the guest with an extraordinary guest experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment.
- Operating electric food processing equipment.
- Hand-cutting food products.
- Following Hoss recipes when making products.
- Maintaining daily and weekly inventory levels.
- Maintaining proper sanitation control of products.
- Assist in any area as needed.
- Complying with Hoss's safety standards at all times.
- Complying with Hoss's dress code at all times.
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
- Lifting and carrying products from delivery truck and putting order away.
- Lifting and carrying containers weighing up to 50 pounds several times during a shift.
- Lifting, carrying, and placing items on shelves in coolers and freezers.
- Working in hot temperatures around the stove.
- Working quickly and safely in operating equipment and preparing items.
- Working in some prep areas with limited space.
- Having excellent hand dexterity and speed in producing products.
- Working by standing and walking the entire shift.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
The job description information is general in nature and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of this job. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of Hoss’s Steak and Sea House.