Process EngineerQMAT, Inc. – San Jose, CA
QMAT, Inc. is focused on game changing equipment and material technologies for the GaN (Galium Nitride) optoelectronic (OE) and electronics markets. The Company's new GaN engineered substrate capabilities will lead to significant cost reduction and quality improvement that will enable the acceleration of HB(High Brightness)-LED adoption in general lighting. For OE applications, our technology allows new price-performance levels to be achieved in our starting materials which is key in manufacturing HB-LED devices. Our technology can also be can applied to electronic devices used within mobile markets.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Define and execute tasks in the support of R&D engineering programs.
- Primary focus is in area of process development technologies and applications for engineered substrates.
- Development and characterization of materials to improve engineered substrate efficiency.
- Assist in the development, planning, execution of tasks to achieve the corporate technology roadmap based on customer inputs and specifications.
- Establish BKM and drive optimization of processes to achieve high substrate yields.
- Perform analysis and characterization of processing steps for continuous improvement in process yields for manufacturability.
- Academic focus in material science/physics/chemistry or 3 -7 plus years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong fundamental knowledge in substrate fabrication processes, design and execution of experiments, and transfer of technical understanding and insights to Process / Equipment/ Application development programs.
- Hands-on experience in the operation of R&D and Manufacturing types of equipment.
- Expertise in statistical design-of-experiments (DOE) for process development.
- Understanding of substrate cleaning, bonding, implant, and thin film deposition techniques.
- Understanding of laser thermal annealing and fracture mechanics a plus.
- Experience in the characterization and analysis of materials/devices for LED applications such as lifetime defect characterization, mechanical properties, and the like.
- Aptitude and ability to work with and diagnose complex material issues and formulate solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive program deliverables.
- Familiar with the safety regulations and protocols of a R&D / manufacturing clean room.
- Self-motivated, ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment and interface effectively with all levels and departments within the organization.
- Ability to document projects/experiments to meet key organization technical milestones.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, along with verbal and written communication abilities.
- High level organizational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
Education:M.S in Physics, Chemistry or Material Science. PhD a plus.