Position summary: The Product Development Engineer will analyze, revise and develop saw blade concepts/designs/technologies in conjunction with development of manufacturing processes, tools & equipment. S/he will also drive growth by improving market share in alignment with the company’s strategic plans on saw blades.
Purpose: To develop and execute saw blade development program incorporating novel and efficient cutting concepts that enhances company’s competitive position.
Essential Job Functions:
· Revise existing and develop novel innovative saw blade products.
· Assist in the selection of correct machinery/equipment and to lead process improvement projects to maximize process efficiency and reliability to enhance the quality & profitability.
· Identify new cutting tool materials, suppliers, and other sources.
· Develop and execute internal/external tests to evaluate competitive position of new/current products.
· Work with manufacturing and process engineers to improve manufacturing processes.
· Provide cutting tool design and application expertise to Product Development team.
· Provide technical support and technology transfer to plant operations, sales and marketing teams and customers to improve overall performance
· Support development of key technologies that enhance long-term proprietary strategic position.
The person must also be able to:
· Represent The M. K. Morse Company in a professional manner.
· Understand and follow company procedures to be able to work within the system and effect change.
· Support continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
· Assist in the review of patents relevant to product management.
Skills and Experience:
· 2-5 years of experience in manufacturing or product development is required, cutting tool experience preferred; ideally in cutting tool development, design or application.
· Strong project management and team leadership skills to lead engineers, technicians and operators.
· Effective oral and written communications skills.
· Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and with internal and customers & suppliers.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a timely manner.
· Self-motivated, assertive and able to work with minimal supervision and initiate and drive projects to complete successfully in a timely manner.
· Possess the intellectual curiosity to break the rules in problem solving by thinking outside of the box
· Computer proficiency in office software, and CAD/CAM utilities.
Education Requirements: BSME or related required, Master’s or PhD preferred