McMURRY/TMG, the largest independent content marketing agency in the U.S., seeks an established and proven project manager with superior client service and management skills to join our DC-based team.
Our A+ candidate must have thorough experience managing complex integrated content marketing programs, including both print and digital projects. Print programs require expertise in handling magazine print runs, print distribution, impositions, ad trafficking, and some special manufacturing needs (inserts, variable printing, multiple quotations, presswork, color accuracy, press checks, etc.). Digital programs require expertise in online content management, website management, app management, social and e-mail distribution, and subscriber and lead acquisition.
The successful candidate will have a solid track record executing custom solutions for top-tier clients. He or she must be a leader, confident in project, team and stakeholder management.
If you are detail-oriented, enjoy interacting with a team and clients, are assertive and have a grasp on the managing and reporting of both print and digital programs, read on.
Reporting to the svp for content operations, the project manager is responsible for managing and working with an internal team of content editors, print and web designers, photo editors, prepress experts, quality control specialists, front-end developers, software engineers and video producers. As a central role in managing the client relationship on all matters related to production, this position involves the following day-to-day activities:
PROJECT AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT:
- Manage all aspects of the project life cycle to facilitate successful delivery, as well as metrics for reporting ROI
- Develop and manage detailed project plans, including schedule, budget, resource plans, communication plans, risk assessment and control, quality management and stakeholder reviews
- Plan, execute and control scope
- Assist in estimating costs, determining and managing budgets
- Ensure quality control
- Manage and motivate the work of others outside direct authority to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met to quality standards
- Identify stakeholders and facilitate communication between teams
- Provide ongoing updates internally and externally, which includes attending a daily internal project meeting and leading a weekly client production call
- Report on key project and program metrics and progress to the account director
- Identify, prioritize and control risks
- Contribute best practices
- Maintain vendor partner relationships
- A Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in project management, with at least 2 years in the marketing industry (content marketing preferred)
- Strong presentation, interpersonal skills, communication skills, and the ability to influence actions/decisions of others
- Proven track record of excellent project management skills demonstrated for challenging clients or technically oriented website and/or print projects
- Proven track record of successful project implementation with definable contributions to the business
- Strong problem solving and project management skills (PMP preferred)
- Familiarity with project management software
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and InDesign within a Mac-OS platform
- Some travel required
This is an outstanding opportunity for a proactive and organized individual with a strong work ethic, great people skills and a great personality. He or she will join a strong team in a well-established, growing agency.
McMURRY/TMG offers a collaborative, entrepreneurial, high-energy culture. We have excellent employee and client retention. This is a great opportunity to work for a firm with a quality reputation and the smartest staff in content marketing. Excellent salary and benefits.
Please visit http://mcmurrytmg.com > Careers to check out open positions across all our locations. Select the position you wish to apply to and submit your cover letter and resume.