Regional Operations Manager at Hip & Healthy CaféBean Sprouts Cafe and Cooking School – San Francisco, CA
30+ days ago
Summary of Position for Regional Operations Manager ("Regional Bean Leader")
- The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for overall café performance within an Area, generally 4 -10 Cafés of various formats. S/he leads all area Café operations, local marketing initiatives, develops and coaches Café managers (Bean Leaders), builds sales and profits while maintaining high operating standards.
- The Regional Operations Manager is the point person in supporting each café Bean Leaders in their day-to-day operations; as well as the point person for the Corporate team as it relates to the Café business unit.
- Provide guidance and leadership in the delivery of a great Bean Sprouts guest experience, culinary operations, labor scheduling, inventory management, marketing.
- Lead the Area in the implementation of company initiatives by working with the F&B and Marketing functions on action plans and timelines.
- Generate area sales growth by ensuring that Cafés consistently deliver a great guest experience, and executing local marketing initiatives.
- Constantly review all aspects of Area Operations to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement and implement solutions.
- Optimize Supply Chain Management (SCM) processes by working with existing and potential vendors, in collaboration with F&B function to keep strict adherence to ingredient sourcing guidelines
- Manage each Café’s and the Area’s P&L by tracking expenses vs. annual budget, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Provide coaching and feedback to Café managers (Bean Leaders) and assess performance on an ongoing basis, set personal development goals in order to build their skills and abilities for career progression.
- Provide hands-on training to Bean Leaders and Café staff on the Bean Sprouts Guest Experience, ensuring that it is delivered to 100% of Guests, 100% of the time.
- Lead a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments, challenges and inspires team to achieve business results.
- Coach Bean Leaders in Bean Team recruiting, development, performance management, and retention in order to ensure Cafés are properly staffed and succession planning is in place.
- Be the first line of response for any equipment- or software-related problem impacting the café teams or guests… supporting Bean Leaders in devising innovative solutions.
- Ensure that all Accounting and Account Payable issues are handled as per policy, and effective communication with Accounting function.
- Ensure that all Human Resources systems and policies are followed and that there is effective communication with HR function.
- Ensure that all Health & Hygiene as well as other government-mandated regulations are carried out at the Café level, and that there is effective communication with government authorities.
- Act as the conduit between landlords and Bean Leaders as well as the Corporate team, and in general with all institutions/partners that act on a regional vs local level.
- Lead with integrity and knowledge that promote the culture and PhilosoPea of Bean Sprouts.
- Support Development function in all aspects of researching and evaluating new sites, including visits, site eval documents, market mappings…
- Participate in site review committee meetings, as well as provide valuable feedback in all new development strategy decisions
- Support F&B function in devising of sourcing plan for every new café.
- Support F&B and Design/Architecture/Construction functions to create layouts for all new stores using company and external benchmarks.
- Lead new Café opening process including research, evaluation and coordination of General Contractors
- Coordinate initial training for all new Café openings.
- Create a fantastic working atmosphere and team spirit, support and communicate Bean Sprouts’ mission and core values at every opportunity
- Display a positive attitude and be conscious of Bean Team’s morale. Encourage communication/feedback from Bean Teamers with an open-door policy.
- Act as Interim Bean Leader in their Cafés if the need arises.
- Adherence to Bean Sprouts “HIPP” core values, and deep belief in Bean Sprouts’ PhilosoPea and operational and experience guidelines.
- Display strong leadership by projecting self-confidence through product expertise, organized communication skills and enthusiasm.
- Skillfully document performance, formulate goals and plans of action. Readily accepts constructive feedback. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; works flexible hours necessary to successfully manage the Area, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Frequent travel to visit each Area Cafés once a week during various days and dayparts, depending on needs.
- Must have reliable personal transportation, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- The physical requirements for this position are bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, and being able to stand for up to 8 hours.
Education and/or Experience:
- College Degree and 3-5 years of progressive, directly-related experience, including full P&L responsibility for individual units as well as multi unit groups; must be able to lead in the Cafés as well as from the office.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Knowledge of POS software.
- Understanding of all essential restaurant operations accounting, financial and operational concepts including Cost of Goods Sold, Labor, Operating Expenses, Capital Expenses, EBITDA; working knowledge of P&L management and of ROI analysis.
- NRA’s Serve Safe for Managers Certification or equivalent.