This is a perpetual vacancy announcement that is filled based on need only. All applications are kept on file for when a need arises. Only when a need arises will applicants be contacted.Purpose and Scope
Reporting to the Department Chair, Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the college. Applications are reviewed on an as needed basis.
Requirements: Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
Knowledge, Skills, ExperienceRequired:
- Teach courses within the required discipline. Instruction may be delivered on-campus, off-campus, in a hybrid format or online utilizing Canvas and may be during the day and/or evening as dictated by student demand and departmental needs.
- Develop and manage the course syllabus and rubrics ensuring department and college standards are met.
- Plan and create lectures, in-class discussions, and assignments.
- Assess grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments, and examinations.
- Maintain professional and academic competencies and licenses as required by department teaching assignment.
- Recommend course materials to Department Chair.
- Utilize retention software (DropGuard) for weekly reporting.
- Use Banner to report attendance, and midterm and final grades.
- Use Microsoft 365 for email, word-processing etc.
- Assist/mentor students as needed.
- Participate in campus and department meetings, activities and professional development as directed by Department Chair.
- Maintain regular email communication with students and Department Chair.
- Maintain student confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
A Master's Degree or higher in an appropriate discipline or closely related field with 18 hours of upper division coursework in subject matter from an accredited institution.Preferred:
- Prior experience in higher education preferred.
- Online instructional experience preferred.
- Computer literate in software and internet-based applications.
Job require strong communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to view and manage role and responsibilities in relation to larger mission, goals and perspective of the college. Organizational skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines. Self-motivated and solves problems, asking for input and initiating solutions as appropriate and reasonable. Capacity to quickly learn new software applications. Willingness to receive additional training and/or mentoring. Ability to demonstrate good judgment when interacting with students, other faculty and staff.
Working Conditions: Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
Work is sedentary in nature that at times requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Work is performed during normal work hours, with some evenings and weekends to meet deadlines
Essential Functions: [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]
Additional Information:Condition of Employment:
Must pass a pre-employment background check.Electronic Application Instructions:
Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:Required Documents:
Letter of interest
Three (3) references
TranscriptsENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University's non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer Jessica Small at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu