An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data‐analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
MassDOT is responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating transportation policies and projects for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and to efficiently plan, design, construct, and maintain a safe statewide transportation system which effectively meets the transportation needs of the Commonwealth.
MassDOT’s divisions include: Highway, Aeronautics, Registry of Motor Vehicles, Rail & Transit, and Planning & Enterprise Services. There are approximately 3,600 employees across the organization.
The Seasonal CDL Plow Drivers’ central duty is to operate MassDOT Highway Division equipment to clear snow and ice from the Massachusetts Turnpike and other designated roadways and facilities. Seasonal drivers are required to hold a valid Massachusetts Commercial Driver’s License (at least class B).
Seasonal CDL Plow Drivers are responsible for the safe operation of the equipment. Properly working equipment is important for both efficient snow removal and safety on the roadways. Seasonal drivers should inspect their equipment and report any issues to the repair staff immediately.
Hourly Rate: $31.25
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safe clearing of snow on Highway roadways.
- De-icing and removal of snow from walks, driveways and parking lots for various Highway properties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site, while ensuring property is not damaged in the efforts of removing snow.
- Maintain and care for your personal or company provided equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Proficiently and safely use snow removal equipment such as shovels, plows, snow blowers, vehicles with plow blades, and other power and manually operated tools and equipment used to perform snow removal.
- Perform highly physical work outdoors on a consistent basis in all weather conditions, specifically very cold, icy, snowy weather.
- It is required that all Seasonal CDL Plow Drivers have cold weather gear and wear it appropriately to protect themselves against adverse weather conditions.
- Work as part of a team and take direction.
- Be available to come in when contacted for all snow and ice weather events.
- Keep accurate time-sheet records, submitted for review and sign-off by the required deadlines.
- District 1 - Berkshire County/Western, MA
- District 2 - Connecticut River Valley/Western, MA
- District 3 - Worcester County/Central, MA
- District 4 - North Eastern, MA
- District 5 - South Eastern, MA & Cape Cod
- District 6 - Metro Boston, MA
All job applications must be submitted online through MassCareers to be considered.
- Massachusetts Commercial Driver’s License (at least Class B & Class A preferred)
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass a drug & alcohol test
- For questions regarding the job posting, email email@example.com.
- For general questions regarding MassDOT, call the Human Resources Service Center at 857‐368‐4722.
- For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call ADA Coordinator, Heather Ulesoo – (617) 851‐9447.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Snow Removal/Groundskeeping
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Worcester - 499 Plantation St
Job: Equipment, Facilities & Services
Agency: Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Job Posting: Sep 3, 2021, 12:51:19 PM
Salary: 31.25 - 31.25 Hourly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Derrick Mann, Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator, Heather Ulesso - 6178519447
Bargaining Unit: Non