At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Compass Data Platform Team, you will use your experience with modern cloud and data frameworks to build products that improve every step of the real estate agent, buyer and seller experience at Compass. Leveraging the data-rich features of the real estate industry, you will build technology that aggregates billions of real estate listings and other data points, develop an industry-leading consumer experience for searching and selecting real estate, support the day to day productivity of a real estate agent with web and mobile applications while also supporting the growth of the world's most scalable brokerage. You will work on an independent team to build world-class data streaming platforms and micro-services on top of our cloud and Kubernetes infrastructure. Join us on an exciting journey to revolutionize the real estate tech.
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Experience working on large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with public cloud offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Solid programming skills; preferred experience in Java, and/or Python
- Experience with modern web frameworks, advanced algorithms/data intelligence, public cloud platforms and streaming data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- 5+ years experience preferred but we are hiring at all levels
Do your best work, be your authentic self
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants