Ace Info Solutions is seeking a Senior Business Analyst for a software development/IT modernization program. This is a high-visibility, demanding project. The project team is highly collaborative, agile, and fast paced. The team is made up of experienced, dedicated, hard-working, fun-loving professionals who are respectful, supportive, and appreciative of each other.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Critically reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs, ultimately producing clear proposals, documentation and/or deliverables
- Facilitates discussions with the right stakeholders to clarify scope and supports the Scrum Master in scope discussions
- Conducts presentations and communicates product features to both technical and non-technical communities and aids in coordination and communication of cross-team initiatives
- Applies analysis of business systems and software solutions to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes for both current and future business needs
- Leads and executes efforts to produce documentation related to system information architecture and processes which may include: technical requirements, functional specifications, data flow diagrams, flow charts, wireframes/mockups, and user stories
- Writes user stories and manages the product backlog collaboratively with the product owners
- Ensures stories and tasks are ready for implementation prior to sprint planning and dependencies are identified
- Collaborates with QA and development staff members during feature implementation to clarify requirements as needed
- Reviews work implemented during the sprint to fine tune features, but not introduce scope creep
Experience working on agile software development projects
- Strong understanding of the agile SDLC
- General understanding of web technologies
- Ability to maintain a big-picture vision while defining very detailed requirements
- Strong experience with modeling software, such as Gliffy, Visio, Balsamiq or equivalent
- Experience working on, coordinating, and communicating on cross-team initiatives
- Experience with defining requirements for integration of 3rd party applications
- Proficient with requirements gathering tools
- Proficient with managing and updating Wiki documentation
- Familiar with information technology architecture, governance and data exchange
- Proficient with presentation and web communication tools
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems to a non-technical audience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Customer service oriented
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience
- Business Process Model Notation (BPMN)
- Experience with federal government systems
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
- Quality Assurance Experience
The proposed salary range for this position is $90,000-$99,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.