SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result. Having raised nearly $2 billion in funding since 2011 and boasting over 400,000 members and 1,300 employees, SoFi’s future is bright.
About the Role
The Senior Credit Analyst will directly assist the Director of Risk Administration and Chief Risk Officer in leading SoFi’s Credit Committee and consumer lending policy development as an analytical specialist. The role will also allow wide latitude to engage on credit product development and other strategic projects, providing the Senior Credit Analyst with a broad reach across the company and direct interaction with company management.
Lead by the Chief Risk Officer, SoFi’s Risk Management group has responsibility for ensuring that the organization’s growth in lending and other Member activities aligns with the company’s risk appetite. The group directly manages the credit risk strategies and policies for all lending products, administers a strong Third Party Risk management program in tandem with business line partners, promotes strong compliance with regulations, creates processes for excellent operational controls, and helps SoFi deliver on a great customer experience.
* Own the monthly analysis and policy discussion topics brought to the Credit Committee
* Produce analysis and presentation for Audit Committee, Board of Directors, and inter-divisional meetings as requested
* Create ad hoc data analysis to help Director of Risk Administration and Chief Risk Officer proactively identify credit risks
* Continually enhance business intelligence reporting in concert with the Data Analysis team
* Record and circulate minutes from relevant committee meetings
* Be ready to pitch in where needed – there are new problems to solve each day in SoFi’s start up environment
* Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Economics)
* 5+ years of experience in a reporting or analytical role in the consumer credit/lending industry responsible for managing and producing strict deliverables from multiple and complex datasets
* Strong Excel skills are required (ability to build from scratch comprehensive and flexible reporting templates)
* Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong work ethic, persistence, and determination in reviewing and reconciling variances
* Are highly organized and detail-oriented and can initiate proactively
* Desire to take full ownership of deliverables and be accountable for results
* Ability to produce deliverables accurately and on time with minimal supervision
* Can effectively manage multiple priorities
* Ability to work as needed to ensure deadlines are met
* Ability to draw conclusions and provide explanations and make recommendations based on analysis
* Possess good leadership and interpersonal skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
* Able to work effectively within all levels of the organization including senior management
* Willingness and ability to continually improve processes and document procedures for producing deliverables
Subsidized lunches and gym membership and a fully stocked kitchen.
Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.