Senior Human Resources Associate- Recruiting FocusRescue Social Change Group, LLC – San Diego, CA
Rescue SCG is seeking a Sr. Human Resources Associate to serve as our organizational expert on recruiting and hiring. Rescue SCG is in the midst of a rapid growth phase, thanks to newly secured contracts, and we will be hiring upwards of 50 new employees across the US in the next year to manage these new contracts. The Sr. HR Associate will work under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, overseeing and executing full-cycle recruitment for all positions with Rescue SCG. The Sr. HR Associate must come to Rescue SCG with previous experience building teams and hiring across multiple disciplines and geographic locations.
Rescue SCG is a Federal Contractor, and therefore must operate under the guidelines of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), including ensuring Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and having an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP). The Sr. HR Associate will function as the organizations EEO Officer managing records-keeping and compliance efforts under the guidance of the Human Resources Manager. Previous experience working with a Federal Contractor and knowledge of OFCCP, EEO and Affirmative Action regulations are preferred.
Rescue SCG is a for-profit behavior change marketing agency. Clients include local, state, and federal government organizations as well as not-for-profits, schools, and foundations mainly addressing tobacco use, with growing services in violence, binge drinking, and obesity prevention. Rescue SCG provides services in marketing, research, and strategic planning to execute social change efforts nationwide. Rescue SCG efforts are focused on youth and young adult populations to cause behavior change and/or policy change. Rescue SCG’s annual sales have grown over 100% in the past 3 years and are expected to more than quadruple in the next 18 months thanks to new, secured contracts. The Rescue SCG team is youthful and energized, challenging industry standards to develop effective and sustainable solutions to public health issues.
The Sr. Human Resources Associate reports to the Human Resources Manager, and is responsible for company-wide full-cycle recruiting from the development of the job post, through on-boarding of the new hire. The Sr. Human Resources Associate functions as the organizations EEO Officer under the guidance of the Human Resources Manager. The job of the Sr. Human Resources Associate entails activities pertaining to, but not limited to:
- Assists Managers in the development of, and approval of all Rescue SCG job postings;
- Posts all positions to Rescue SCG’s careers system and sources positions to appropriate audiences;
- Screens applications against job criteria;
- Advises and trains hiring managers on sourcing techniques, interviewing, and provides guidance on interview questions;
- Assists hiring managers in scheduling interviews, developing interview activities, and administering assessments during the interview process;
- Checks references, conducts background checks, and other applicable pre-offer screening;
- Closes out all positions providing dispositions for all candidates and reporting recruiting metrics to the Human Resources Manager;
- Works with the Hiring Manager and available resources to negotiate and make offers to candidates, upon approval;
- Sets up all new hires in the payroll and HRIS systems and send them all on-boarding materials and new hire documents;
- Manages on-boarding process including verifying all documents and conducting Rescue SCG new hire orientation and internal trainings;
- Ensures new hires are fully trained in internal processes, providing testing as necessary;
EEO and OFCCP Compliance:
- Ensures that equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs are adopted and implemented each year;
- Manages Affirmative Action Plan including maintaining all required records, performing self-audits, reviewing audit results with management, and assisting in the identification of any problem areas;
- Acts as the EEO officer and stays up to date and compliant with OFCCP and EEOC regulations, including reviewing technical forms such as applications and required postings for compliance;
- Conducts meetings and trainings with managers, supervisors, and others to ensure that the Company’s EEO Policy and affirmative action program objectives are understood and good-faith efforts are made to achieve results;
- Works with the Human Resources Manager to address any accommodations requests, complaints, and to develop policies and procedures related to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, or any other new or revised regulations.
- General Human Resources assistance as needed;
- Assist in organization and development of company events such as staff retreats and team building activities;
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree +2 years relevant experience OR 7 years relevant experience OR Master's Degree
Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, computer and Internet access at home. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends. All business-related environments are tobacco-free.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Able to manually lift up to 40 pounds from the floor to table height and back to the floor.
Within the U.S. 1 – 2 times per month on average with significant variability based on interviewing, hiring and company needs.
Full-Cycle recruiting experience;
Demonstrated ability to handle high recruiting volume for multiple skill sets;
Strong customer service and relationship management skills as well as the ability to engage and influence hiring managers and other business partners at all levels (Director and Officer);
Ability to provide value-added recruiting knowledge to hiring managers including market intelligence, interviewing best practices and offer negotiation tactics;
Strong attention to detail and discretion required;
Previous experience working with an Applicant Tracking System;
Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information;
Highly organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks;
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
Ability to work independently;
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience conducting training programs;
Working knowledge of OFCCP and EEOC guidelines as they relate to hiring;
Experience recruiting in a federal government contracting environment;
Non-tobacco-use is highly preferred because we only have tobacco-free environments and also to be consistent with our tobacco prevention campaign goals.
A comprehensive training would be provided to the selected candidate. The training will be conducted at a Rescue SCG office and paid for by RSCG.
San Diego, CA
Full-Time Exempt Position. Salary Based on Salary History, Experience and Education Level; Salary Range Possible $40,000 - $52,000
Full-Time employees are eligible to participate in performance-based bonuses and company benefit plans (health, dental & vision).
Target Start Date:
All applications must be submitted through Rescue SCG’s online careers system at RescueSCG.com/careers (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at rescuescg.com/careers). Absolutely no applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. No calls please. EEO/AA M/F/V/D Employer. Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.