Who We Are
Were Dealer Tire, a family-owned, international distributor of tires and parts established in 1918 in Cleveland, OH. Were laser focused on helping the worlds largest and most trusted auto manufacturers grow their tire businessin fact, weve sold more than 60 million tires to date. Were a thriving company, and were looking for driven individuals to join our team. Thats where you come in!
As a Senior Process Engineer, your essential job functions will include the following:
Other Duties as Assigned
- Drive operational efficiency & effectiveness projects for Dealer Tire distribution center (DC) network by building processes that meet customer needs, special requests and possible new services to enhance operations. Use metrics to measure current states to consider service improvements and observe operational efficiency.
- Lead and manage re-engineering; process improvement, layout improvement projects and WMS implementations.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement solutions to improve DC facilities & operations through qualitative and quantitative analysis of layout, productivity, processes, equipment & systems. Develop and sustain DC best practices.
- Collaborate with DC management and logistics staff to assess work process, metrics and team performance to meet standards of operational excellence.
- Utilize LEAN concepts to drive operational process efficiencies and effective use of WMS and other systems.
- Support the development and analysis of standard operating procedures and work standards in conjunction with all DC and logistics processes.
- Manage the effective & efficient use of WMS, Roadnet, JDE other systems.
- Develop and conduct training on all processes, equipment and systems required for successful operations at the DC level.
- Audit the DCs for operational and system integrity and their use of established best practices as they relate to new and existing programs.
- Manage all aspects of projects assigned to you including project plans, budgets, communication plans, cost/benefit analysis, identification of stakeholders, issues, risks, critical success factors, implementation, measuring and monitoring of results.
- Make recommendations on programs to improve overall DC operations and support operational improvements to meet strategic cost, safety, training, quality and service goals.
- Perform both qualitative and quantitative analysis on DC metrics, processes/ systems and develop recommendations based on data and experience.
- Support the specific operational and business objectives and requirements of the Dealer Tire distribution network.
- Apply sound change management practices and drive continuous improvement programs.
- Perform research, benchmarking activities and support the use of best practices; to include implementation and compliance by all DCs.
- Work with safety team to ensure all safety regulations; ensure staff complies with all safety regulations throughout the DC network.
- Train and mentor process engineers.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Management, or Logistics required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Industrial Engineering in warehousing, logistics, supply chain, transportation, or other comparable experience.
- Knowledge of material handling equipment systems, storage systems and applications is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in process mapping and value stream mapping preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and facilitation skills required.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal, verbal and written communication, negotiating, sourcing, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to Dealer Tires core values Innovation, Fairness, Accountability, and Playing to WIN.
- Experience with Six Sigma, and LEAN is required.
- Experience with WMS (JDE, Red Prairie, Manhatten or comparable is preferred.
- Proficient with Standards Development systems including PMTS, MOST, or MTM
- Proficiency with Autocad
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products
- Exposure to simulation software preferred.
Physical Job Requirements
- Results Orientation
- Customer Focus
- Understand Data
- Recognize Implications
- Gather Information
- Decide Promptly
- Work Efficiently
- Continuous viewing from and inputting data to a computer screen.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Travel (25 - 50%)
Why Dealer Tire:
- Dealer Tire is a drug-free environment. All applicants being considered for employment must pass a pre-employment drug screening before beginning work.
An amazing opportunity to join a growing organization, built on the efforts of hard working, innovative, and team-oriented people. We offer a competitive salary + bonus, and a comprehensive benefit package including: paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of employee contribution).
EOE Statement Dealer:
Tire is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act*), or any other legally protected status, with respect to employment opportunities.
*ADA Disclosure: Any candidate who feels that they may need an accommodation to complete this application, or any portions of same, based on the impact of a disability should contact Dealer Tires Human Resources Department to discuss your specific needs. Please feel free to contact us at ADAAAccommodation@dealertire.com or via phone at 833-483-8232.